Junie's Place: My girls & the Plain White T's (AND Dan Fogelberg)

Monday, August 13, 2007

My girls & the Plain White T's (AND Dan Fogelberg)


My granddaughter Alli's favorite singing group is a pop-rock/ punk-pop band out of Villa Park.Illinois called Plain White T's.

I would feel safe in saying Alli (and her Mom, Tina) are this bands # 1 fans at this time, having seen them more than a dozen times and getting to know the boys of the band and , as Alli puts it, 'hang out with them!'


They have seen them, mostly, around our state but this past weekend went to Atlanta for a show at Six Flags.


My girls stopped by to see us when they returned yesterday and Alli wanted me to mention her 'Plain White T's' here. She sent me this email later with some info and a few pictures.

~~

(Alli's Email to me )

here are the best pictures. some info; It was at Six Flags Over Georgia [Atlanta] 8/10/07

Tom had promised to ride roller coasters with me last time I saw them, so when he saw me he told the lady in charge that we were going to ride with them. they took us backstage, and then we took golf carts to the rides, and got to skip the lines. haha =]

if you want to put one of my live videos of them on there, here's the link to my youtube page

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xTakexMexAwayx pick whichever one you want. =]

love you ginga!
~~


OK- Here are some pics of Alli and 'her band'- and her mom!








































I don't know a lot about this band but I have to say I like this song that I picked to post here!

Hope you all enjoy this!

... had trouble with Alli's live vids that she took- (can't find them) but this is the official release of this song...

I like this!!!



~~~~

This is my favorite Illinois guy!

Happy Birthday Dan!!

Artist Name:
Dan Fogelberg
Born: 8/13/1951
In: Peoria, IL







* Dan was diagnosed with Prostate cancer in 2004 *




Read all about Dan Fogelberg here.



Always with love,

June

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 10:19 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, is this band the same one that you posted about Alli and Tina going to see before? I remember you writing about a guy they used to follow around, but not sure if that was someone different! (and too lazy to go back through your blog and look for him!) That's really cool for her that she gets to hang out with those guys! Not many people get to do that, I'm guessing!

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye,

I think I posted about Teddy Geiger before...and before that Simple Plan. :)
All have been Alli's favorites.

All of these bands were very new- young bands...and at that stage of the game, fans are able to get to talk to the performers- get pictures- autographs- etc!

I'm sure it's been very exciting for Alli and safe, with her mom with her.

Junie

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~~ Music is a real favorite in your family with Alli
so keen on her bands, as well as your love of music. Thank you for your comments, glad you enjoyed the post.
Take care, June, Love, Merle.

 
At 12:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh to be that young again. LOL when I was that age I was following the Four Lads around Minneapolis where they were playing one summer. I never got close to them...much less had the chance to ride in a golf cart. I'm not even sure they had golf carts back then.

 
At 1:01 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Merle,

Yes- we enjoy the music adventures!

Thanks for visiting me!


Hope you're having a good day- or night as the case may be! :)

Love,

Junie

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Maria,

Yes-16 is a wonderful age!

LOL- I was 'in love' for the first time at that age!

...and - as for music-'Elvis' was the
ONE for me in those days! Of course, I never got to see him... but I DID get to see Jerry Lee Lewis-AND Rickey Nelson! :) (when I was young)

Junie

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Well...what do you know...I'm a fan of this group too...well I love this song anyway...they play it on my local soft rock station...I find it very soothing!!
Your granddaughter looked like she had fun with them!!
:)

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Tammy,

I like this song, too. And from what I understand, it reached #1 on the charts! (Whatever that means!! :) )
So looks like this band may become big!

Yes, Alli had a good time. They have
been able to get to know these guys. Tina says they are very nice 'kids!'


Junie

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Alli has a really cool mom!! My mom wouldn't have been SEEN going out to live bands!!

Great post.

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks Anni,

Yes, Tina is a cool mom! Those 2 have a lot of fun!


Junie

 
At 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Junie Rose!!! I LOVE THIS SONG -- i never knew who did it so thank you for posting it!!!!! will have to check out some of their other stuff. Just got back from Washington -- have a nice sunset picture to send you when i get a minute to download stuff to the computer -- and Chris Isaak is in 10 days!!!!! talk to you soon -- thanks again for sharing this video!!!

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

They sound really good to me!
I'm sure the band really appreciates their number one fans, Alli and Tina!!!
How fun for them to have backstage passes and "hang out" with the band at Six Flags.

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

JD,

:) I'm sure they DO appreciate having such loyal fans.

....BUT- I think this band is about to take off for the big time...I doubt if my girls will always be able to 'Hang Out' with them! (as Alli likes to put it!)

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Bonnie (Dutch)

:) that IS a nice song! Reached #1 as I understand .


Cool- you'll be seeing Chris Isaak again soon! Lucky girl!!

Will be looking forward to that sunset picture1

love,


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home