Junie's Place: ...wrapped in sadness...

Sunday, October 28, 2007

...wrapped in sadness...



...wrapped in sadness here...

We're waiting to hear from the folks before we can make any plans. But it seems Charles will not be able to go. My 2 sisters here and my niece from Miami and , hopefully, Tina and Alli will be able to make the trip...

~~~
I just now had a call from my brother-in-law and the funeral is Thursday- so Alli and Tina will be able to go.~~~

~~~

Charles has been occupied with the business of the bull today. With help from our neighbor, Jeremy, he was able to load up Big John and transport him to the auction barn. He's a fine looking bull and someone will want him for a breeder, I feel sure_ NOT to butcher! ( At least I'll hold onto that thought)

~~~

Earlier I walked around the back yard and was remembering all the happy times of the past here at our place. For several years we had a big birthday party-BBQ cookout for my mom! Most years we had a big gathering with MOST of Mom's kids and grandkids and great-grands being here! Phil and his brother Paul were always a big help in cooking the chicken and ribs etc! Sometimes we had up to 80 people here! YES! A big family :) and some happy memories!
In the picture of the back yard you can see the big cooker (at far right) we used for those cook-outs! It has set discarded for the past few years now!!
( Too many changes- and all sad ones... )




~~~

In my sadness for the loss of my loved ones I still searched out evidence of God's blessings - and of course it is there in all I saw - in all of His wonderful creation!







































Family love is to be treasured above all and we have had that - always.



Update on plans:

My sister and I will be leaving early Tuesday morning and returning either Friday night or early Saturday.



Love,

Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

It is sad that things have to change so much through the years...I know it's the same for me. Nothing seems to be like it use to. Have a safe trip dear Junie and know that I'll be thinking of you. xox

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I read down a few posts and got caught up with you latest happenings.
I enjoyed the pics of Charles' new BIG bull and your cats Tiger & The General.
I hated to hear about your nephew's death. How very sad for all the family. How sad his parents must be since they'd just moved nearby and now, they lost him so suddenly. I am so sorry for the grief that you all are going through.
Death is very hard to deal with. I hope that in your grief you will continue to find strength and comfort in small ways and in small things around you. I'm glad Tina and Alli will be able to attend the funeral. God bless you all.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks

Pea and Jamie Dawn.

It means a lot to have caring friends.

...and as hard as it is I know we will get through it.


XOX

Junie

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Thinking of you....have a safe trip.

 
At 12:04 AM , Blogger b13 said...

Sorry for your loss. The flowers are beautiful and I've never seen a spider quite like the one you've captured. That is fantastic!

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Joy , for your concern.

 
At 12:54 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

b13,

Thanks!


That is a pretty cool spider pic! I was thinking you posted one similar to it awhile back.

I just find spiders and their webs very fascinating!

Junie

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

Hi June I am very sorry about your sad news, please accept my condolences.
Hugs Margaret

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Margaret,


Hope to catch up with everybody next week.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home