Junie's Place: troubles and woe

Saturday, October 20, 2007

troubles and woe



Yesterday I went with my guests to visit another sister... a long trip in itself because of the traffic and road construction...( but that is not the point of this post...)

We did enjoy the visit- tho it was a short one. We just all had a late lunch and then started back home...( turned out to be approx. 3 hrs. drive-going and coming...)

We got home to find our whole lives in turmoil at our little place. In our absence our area had, had a severe lightening storm- and a strike -that - apparently KILLED my computer...as well as putting the satellite TVs out!

This is to let you all know I will be offline for the next several days at least! WHO knows how long!! I honestly think my computer is gone for good- I will know more by Monday, hopefully,
when I can get it checked out. I will probably have to get a new computer- and I Just hope all my files can be recovered! :( I really HATE this turn of events- because I get a lot of joy out of my blog- and also talking to my online friends in IMs...the whole package!

I am at my daughter's house but can't be here to keep in touch , often!

Thanks for all recent comments that I see here- Sorry I don't have any time to visit any blogs!

I'll Be Back!


Love,

Junie

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Hi Junie,

Sorry about your computer woes. :( It's awful being without a computer, I know!

Scott says he thinks you probably just need a new power supply, and that your computer itself will be fine. He says you can buy a new power supply for less than $50. He says he wishes you lived near us so he could come and take a look at it for you! Never mind... I know you have other computery people nearby who can help you.

Hope you are back online soon!

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I've lost TWO computers and THREE tv's when in Arizona. The lightning is horrendous there....yes, it took me that long to figure out to UNPLUG everything when there is even a remote chance of a storm. And when we leave now, everything but the refrigerator is unplugged.

Even the surge protectors on TV's and computers do NOT deter lightning in the wiring!

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Both of my computers got 'fried' about 1 1/2 years ago during a freak power outage. I replaced the one I work on all the time and got the other one repaired. It's a terrible feeling when that happens Junie....you panic to get everything back working....whatever it takes. I never acted so fast to restore everything in my life. Don't panic sweetie....it will all get back to normal soon....and we'll be here when it does. Good luck.

 
At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will definitely wait patiently for your return. Good luck on the recovery end of it.

 
At 1:00 AM , Blogger b13 said...

Invest in a good surge protector with a battery backup. Well worth the investment.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh no!! I hope you are able to recover your files!!

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Bless your heart!!

I hope your time away is short because you will be missed!

Lesson learned for me. If storms are forcasted I "will" unplug the PC!!
I've got a bad habit of letting things ride but this would be an awful turn of events for me so I can imagine how you feel!

Keep your pretty smile on and come back when you can!

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

We do get some terrific storms here, don't we. Well, maybe not if your personal property gets ruined by one.

 
At 8:48 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, I can just imagine how lost you are without your computer...I know I would be too!! I'm glad, though, that the lightning strike didn't start a fire! Hopefully your computer can be repaired although it would be nice to get a brand new one! hehe I miss you but I know you'll be back with us as soon as you can:-) xoxo

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Granny said...

I'm grateful you were elsewhere when it happened.

Bummer though.

Hope you won't be down long. I'll be here when you come back.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Well, I'm glad you posted this because I thought a surge protector was enough protection. I guess that it has to be completely unplugged.
Hope you get it repaired quickly.
xo

 
At 6:45 AM , Blogger Val said...

Just when I get around to visiting your blog again (19 posts waiting to be read!), I see that you are having computer probs. Hope you get all sorted out soon.

That lemon pepper chicken from the previous post looks delicious btw.

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie. sorry to hear of your computer problems, hope your repair man can save all your files. and your back very soon..
I hope to get mine back by the weekend fingers crossed then i will have to down load all my programs Ahhhh lost a lot of files..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home