Junie's Place: Happy Birthday to my mom

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy Birthday to my mom




Tomorrow would be my Mom's birthday...but later this month marks the 5th. anniversary of her leaving us. She had just had her 94th. birthday.

This time of year is always especially sad for me...remembering Mom and how we finally had to let her go. Sad memories but happy ones too- throughout all the years we had her in our lives.

I never have known anyone whose heart was so full of love as my Mom's! Her love for her family had no beginning and no end!

It was a big impact on everyone when our Ma-Ma passed away, and something that is still very hard for me- even after almost 5 years now!

Since her passing, our family has experienced some other devastating happenings ... the death of 2 of her grandsons and a great-granddaughter! I have been thankful that Mom didn't have to endure that pain.
~~~

We would have this big birthday gathering/ reunion for her every year. Most years almost every one of the family would come to be with her...sometimes even the ones in California and Oregon. She loved it and I'm so glad we were able to give her that in her later years!

This picture I found was from one of her last birthday parties.


Mom would have been 99 tomorrow.

Thinking of you, Ma-Ma!


Always with love,

Junie

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger Cliff said...

JR they say they aren't gone until people quit talking about them. She's still with us. I know we'll be talking of our parents for a long time. She sounds like a good one all right.

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Cliff,

And I know that's right - that they are still with us.

Yes, Mom was very special, if a bit of a character in her later years! :)

Sometimes people in my family compare me to Mom and I just smile and say,"Thank you!"

JR

 
At 7:05 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ Thinking of you, thinking of your Mom. We never get
too old to not miss our Mothers do we? I bet your family think that you take after her, as they all seem to gather around you too.
I am glad that you got your poems
back all right. Well done.
Gllad you enjoyed my post. I am thinking about posting alternate days so I can reply and read blogs on my night's off. See how I go.
Take care, dear June, Love, Merle.

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Merle,

Thanks for your kind comments.
I'm sure we will always miss our loved ones we have lost; especially our mothers.

Your plan will probably work out better for you- posting on alternate days.

Myself, I've noticed I don't visit as many blogs as a lot of folks do-( judging by blog lines I see on other's sites) so am able to keep up pretty well with visiting every day- and posting almost every day too.

Blogging shouldn't become an obligation to us and should remain FUN so I don't want to let things get bigger than I can handle!
( lol- if that makes sense!)

Take care Merle,


Love,

Junie

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Hugs to you Junie...you're a wonderful daughter. You both were very lucky....

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

That is a beautiful photo Junie! And as long as she's in your families hearts, she's not really gone :) I think it would be OK to bake a cake in her honor.

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dearest Junie,

Your mom was beautiful until the end and I can see the kindness in her face. She was a special lady and she passed on many wonderful traits to you:-) Happy 99th Birthday to your precious Ma-Ma!! xoxo

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Pea

and Carolyn,


Thanks very much for your nice comments.

Love,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home