Junie's Place: We did it!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

We did it!





Yep- we did this first thing this morning... I didn't, much, feel like getting out -and am not over the top enthused with any of the candidates- but it's something we had to do, nonetheless!

The place where we vote is just 5 miles up the road from us at this old and charming church! I love seeing these little churches and we have a lot of similar ones scattered around our area.








Well, I look like pure 'heck' in this picture and as usual Charles looks dapper and cool as all get out! So it goes!

(so it goes with your Junie Rose...but, what you see is what you get ~ sorry!)





I think it's the beard that does it for him! LOL- I tell Charlie, "If I only could, I'd grow me one of those!" :) But really, I better be careful of what I wish for!




On our way back home we drove by the site of that tragic 'accident.' I wished we hadn't because it only served to bring fresh tears to me!
The papers are full of all the details of the remembrances of these young men - the mourning of their friends and loved ones left to deal with this!

The investigation and facts that are coming out have been low key, so far, out of respect - as it should be!

I'm just baffled that anything this horrible and senseless could happen!

But life goes on...


~~~~

I will leave you with this happy picture of Charlie and our world here! :)











Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:13 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Dearest Junie,

It took me back a bit when I read your previous post...my dad also died on January 27th! I hadn't realized you had lost your mom on the same date. Big hugs going your way!!

That truly is a tragic accident that took the lives of those 5 young men. It makes you wonder sometimes why these things have to happen. My heart goes out to their families.

I'm like you, I'm never thrilled having to vote since I never like any of the candidates! Me and politicians just don't mix! lol

Love the way Charlie peels an orange...they look soooo yummy! xoxo

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Yes- the 27th was 5 years that Mom has been gone. (I know it has been much longer for your dad.) This time , with the bad happenings here, I almost let the day get past me! But I probably would have remembered when I went to bed. Mom is never out of my thoughts for long!

It was the most awful thing with those boys...I have been just so heartbroken... It never should have happened. People should know where their 18 year old kids are at 3:00 AM!

:) Yah- (about the orange peeling) I can't do that! :)


Thanks for coming over, Pea.


Love,

Junie

 
At 12:00 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Looks like Charles is enjoying the peeling of oranges. :) ec

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

We should always be careful what we wish for.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi ec,

:) YES, Charles likes the oranges! I mostly just like to drink the juice.
I needto make some today.

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

:) I guess you're right about that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home