Junie's Place: Last Night

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Last Night




Last night was totally different from the previous one!

Last night I made no attempt to get to bed early. (with no reason to get up early the next morning) I was up until a little past 12:00.

I relaxed with some music of Dan Fogelberg in the early part of the night. ( It makes me sad now to play his songs, but at the same time makes me feel good to hear him.)

Also, had a conversation with a friend I had been out of touch with for awhile -and that always cheers me! :) We talked about music and politics and sleep and dreams. Lol- As always our talk just wandered in all directions.

SO- I finally ended my music listening with some Youtubes of Jethro Tull! Tull is a band from late 60s- early 70s that I have become really taken with in just the past couple years! They had a unique sound and way of presenting their music-IMO
Here they are:

Jethro Tull ~ Ian Anderson

This is from 1971
'Life's a Long Song'





:) And I am listening to them again tonight...at least during the time it has taken me to find and post this video!
...Isn't that a nice song, though!!

~~~

I have at least an hour before I will head off for bed~ I want to be ready for sleep when I go!

I got the Ambein ...but after reading all the possible side effects , I kinda wish I had kept my mouth shut with my doctor and trusted in Melatonin and my 'imagination' to get my sleep! :(

LOL- I'll see how it goes! Expensive stuff- so it should work!

Sweet Dreams, All,

Junie

PS~ I'm finding that on the nights I do my music listens I sleep much better...whatever the music is! :)





Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:56 AM , Blogger Cliff said...

Like I tell my wife. Just close your eyes and go to sleep for crying out loud. :)
I know, sleeping problems is a female thing. Marilyn suffers from them from time to time. She will sometimes take 1/2 of a sleeping pill to insure she gets a good nights sleep. They do really help her. Man you've been busy since I was here last but I was able to get it all read. Later.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, Ambien is the one thing that reliably works for getting Scott to fall asleep and stay asleep! He has no apparent side effects from it.

The couple of times I've taken it, I've slept all night, but sort of felt like I was awake while sleeping, which is really hard to explain.. it was like half of my brain was asleep and the other half was awake watching the first half sleep! Then I've felt kind of lethargic the next day, but that could just have been from sleeping in later than usual on those days, which always makes me lethargic.

If you don't have the Ambien CR (extended release), you can break it in half and take half a pill, which seems to work well and have less side effects the next day. But don't break the extended-release ones in half. Also, if you DO take one, go to bed within 20 minutes of doing so... unless you want to have a wacky, funny experience!

Anyway, it's at least worth trying. If you don't like how it makes you feel, then just don't take it again. (And send the bottle this way, as Scott has run out of it and has just lost his job, so has no money to buy more!!)

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning dear Junie:-)

I'm going through the same thing right now...having very restless nights. I seem to wake up around 2:30-3:00 a.m. every morning and it takes me an hour or two to fall asleep again and then I'm awake by 7 a.m. Ugh! I've been so busy with the computer room, you'd think I'd fall into an exhausted sleep all night but nope, it isn't happening! lol I've only ever taken sleeping pills once (about 20 years ago when I was going through a bout of really bad insomnia) and never again...I reacted so strongly to them that now they scare me. Too bad we don't live next door to each other, we could sit and listen to music together when we're up half the night! hehe xoxo

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for coming by and catching up with me. Yep- I DO keep busy with my trivial pursuits here! ;)

I know a lot of folks have these sleeping problems-and maybe more women than men...but I don't know why that should be!

It's not that easy to know just what to do about it ...as you can't usually tell when one of those nights is gonna happen -until you've been in bed awhile and realize yer eyes are still wide open and your thoughts are still whirling round! I don't like taking pills on a regular basis- but I'll do what I have to!

Hope things are great with you and Marilyn and your family today!


Junie

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Skye,

I DID take a half of Ambien last night and got right to sleep and slept through the night...however , it was about 1:00 AM when I went to bed (so I might would have slept without anything) I DO feel groggy, tho, but not too bad!

I, at least, will have them on hand...I don't think I want to take them every night unless I have to!
I'll see how it goes.

Take care and have a good day!

Junie

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Dear Pea,

Well, I'm sorry you are also having sleep problems! It's not fun!

I don't really like taking the pills but I guess I will give it a try and see how it goes. I took a half last night and slept well and just feel a little groggy today. I think the trick for me is to never try to go to bed early...if so, I have a most miserable night! (so 12:30-1:00 will be my bedtime)

It sure would be fun if you and I lived close together! :) I'd love to have a music listening buddy close by! :)

Take care Pea, and don't work too hard on your project!


Love,

Junie

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's actually of some comfort to meet someone else who has some problems wit sleep. I think those pills may work well from what I've heard. I use one (not that brand) once or twice a week. Mine isn't not all that strong but it helps to put me over the edge.
Actually, I've not been doing too badly without help just lately.

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Anvilcloud,

There seem to be more of us out there than I realized! :)

I took just a half a pill last night and it worked ok for me....but I think I am not gonna do that on a regular basis.
I HOPE I can get to sleeping without any help!

I think the trick for me is to stay up later!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home