Junie's Place: At the risk of boring you to tears...

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

At the risk of boring you to tears...




At the risk of boring you to tears, my blog buddies, I have to record here in my journal of life
yet another endless-sleepless night last night!

And - yes, indeed, I did take my MELATONIN. This usually works for me but I have found there are some nights when the stress and worry level is just too high and I can expect to be awake all night!

It would not have mattered-as I could have slept whenever it came-whatever the hour, day or night and got caught up- but I had an early Dr.'s appointment which had been postponed twice already, that I had to keep!
This fact in itself was one of the things keeping sleep beyond my reach, along with numerous other things that I couldn't shut off!

I tell you- it's no fun going to bed at 11:00 PM and still being awake at 5:00 AM. I finally did get a couple hours before getting up to get ready for my 9:00 AM appointment!

The appointment was a follow up on lab work I had a few months ago and, apart from my sleep problem, things are
ok with me! (Well, mostly ok)

The doctor was skeptical about my Melatonin use as a sleep aid and repeated what I have heard other folks say...that it may work if I
THINK it works!
(
LOL- Which makes little sense to me...either it will work or not- no matter what I think about it! )
Anyway, my doc, being in the business to write prescriptions, did just that...a prescription for a sleep aid. I have used this one before and it does work well but leaves me more groggy than Melatonin did! My doc says Melatonin is not regulated and he doesn't approve of it's use for his patients! OK - I will give this new pill a chance- and hope it helps me!

Hey-I wonder if it requires me to BELIEVE it will work-as the Melatonin does!! :) A question I should have asked my doctor!

~~~


After coming home I went back to bed and was able to get a good sleep...Isn't life strange! (same bed-nothing really changed...)


...But life is good, too!

This little story that I read tonight made me smile!


~~~



Stowaway kitten makes it home again
Man who picked up the wrong suitcase returns the missing Florida tabby





updated 2:26 p.m. ET, Wed., Jan. 23, 2008

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. - How many lives did kitten Gracie Mae use up when she crawled into her owner's suitcase, went through an airport X-ray machine, got loaded onto a plane, thrown onto a baggage belt and mistakenly picked up by a stranger far from home?

"She's got to be at four or five now," Seth Levy said after his 10-month-old pet was returned Sunday night by a kind stranger who went home to Fort Worth, Texas, with the wrong bag and Gracie inside to boot.

The last time Levy's wife, Kelly, saw Gracie was before she took her husband to the airport. The 24-year-old went back to her house in Palm Beach Gardens late Friday to find the bottom step, where Gracie would usually be waiting, empty.

She tore the house apart looking for the cat, who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Then she got a phone call.

"Hi, you're not going to believe this, but I am calling from Fort Worth, Texas, and I accidentally picked up your husband's luggage. And when I opened the luggage, a cat jumped out," Kelly Levy quoted the caller saying.

Rob Carter said he made it home with the suitcase before realizing it was not his — and there was a big surprise inside.

"I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," he said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

Carter said that he eventually was able to get the cat to come out from under the bed.

"In the morning, I got close enough to see its collar and the phone number on it," he said. "So I called the number and got a hold of the crying wife of the traveler."

The tabby made the 1,300-mile trip home on an $80 plane ticket. Carter said he considered keeping the cat before he knew she had a home.

"We were going to name it Suitcase," he said.

~~~


...So...How was your day?


Junie

(ceaseless and sleepless :) )




Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Blogger MrsDoF said...

Uh Oh, I just e-mailed that story about the cat to you, thinking you would like it, and before I came over here!
Goes to show I'm getting to know you ;)

I had awhile when sleep just wasn't gonna happen.
Letting worry go really does require an attitude adjustment.....

I seem to do fine these days. Then again, most of my work days are at a junior high school, and tweenagers do have a whole bunch of energy I have to monitor.

 
At 11:26 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

That was a great story!

AS for the sleep dilemma-- if the pills stop working, rent Out of Africa. I've never seen it past the first hour 'cause it bores me right to sleep, lol!

A little Chardonnay works well too, but not with pills mind you!

 
At 12:31 AM , Blogger b13 said...

The mind is a VERY powerful thing and your belief that a pill can help you may just get it to help you. Many placebos have aided people because of the power of one's mind.

Good luck with the "new" pill.

 
At 12:33 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Hopefully your sleeping problems will work out. I have the opposite problem at times - going to sleep in my chair and then I have your problem - can't get back to sleep in bed. :) Enjoyed the cat story, hadn't heard it before. ec

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie,, Hope you have been able to get a little sleep,, hope the tablets are working for you..
We heard the about the kitty in the suitcase over here in Oz.Nice to see it got home safely to its owner..

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Diane,

:) Funny about you sending me the email ( the one I had just posted about the cat) Yes- guess you saw that story as something that I would like! :) Thanks for thinking of me!

I read that in my local paper and then searched it out on the internet! It was an amazing story!

I slept better last night- with the Melatonin. Haven't got the new prescription filled yet.

Hugs))
Have a great day.


Junie

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carolyn,


Thanks for the advice. LOL- 'Out of Africa' sounds like a good suggestion!

Take care and have a good day>

Junie

 
At 9:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

B13,

Thanks!

I slept fine with the Melatonin last night. (have not yet got the prescription filled)

The trick for me I think is in not trying for sleep too early. I was up later last night .

Thanks.

Junie

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Mr. Eddie,

I DID sleep better last night- because I went to bed later.

My husband does as you said you do- falls asleep in his chair...He probably gets a couple hours before he ever gets to bed. Then he straps his sleep mask on (sleep apnea) and gets some hours of complete rest!

Hope things are well at your place.
Have a great day!

Junie

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,

Thanks! Well, I did have a good night last night- by staying up later before trying for sleep. (Haven't got the new meds yet)

The cat story captured my attention! Poor little kitty- What an experience for her!

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 10:20 AM , Blogger Margaret said...

What a great story with a happy ending. I am glad you have got the good night sleep happening again
Cheers Margaret

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Margaret,

Thanks so much for coming by-and I'm happy to know you are back with your blogging! I'll visit you soon.

Yes- I loved that cat story! Just had to share it here!

And was happy to be able to sleep better last night!


Take care,


Junie

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger bigbikerbob said...

Hi, Liked the happy ending on the kitten saga.Also as someone else pointed out,if you believe something will work there's a good chance it will.
I too have "Sleep Apnea" but my Dr warned me against sleeping in the chair, or for that matter anywhere without my mask on !!!.(mind you those masks are bl..dy horrible).

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Bob,

Yes- I loved the kitty story too!

:) and it was a way to end my 'whiny' post in a more positive way !

My husband doesn't mind the sleep mask at all. It's been a life saver for him!

I think it would be very hard for me to get used to that so I sure hope I never need it!

Thanks for coming by!


Junie

 
At 4:57 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I, Lady Jamie Dawn the Querulous have had a fine day thus far.
I made my Walmart run, and our grocery needs are filled for the next several days. The laundry is caught up with, and the house is clean and tidy... for the time being that is.
I feel so badly for you having your sleep disorder.
My hubby suffers with the same thing. He has tried all the prescription sleep aids, but he had not had good luck with them. Ambien was the worst since it caused him to have walking hallucinations. CRAZY stuff!!
If only the two of you would just BELIEVE you could sleep well then you would!! Right??!!!
I sure hope you find something that will work for you.

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Welcome, Lady Jamie Dawn the Querulous,

Always a pleasure to see you here at Lower Hellswicke!

I'm happy to hear you've had a fine day which included a trip to Wal Mart! That is always an adventure and educational to boot!

Last time, I saw a Goth couple dressed in their finest attire...with a child, apparently, not yet old enough to be clothed in the dress of her parents! It left me with questions unanswered- such as at what age do the children get to be dressed up like their parents...and when do they get the lip rings and eyebrow rings?? My natural shyness prevented me from getting all the facts! NEXT time I hope I can find out more!! Drat- this curse of shyness I struggle with! (Another of my crosses!)

As for my sleep...well- last night I slept well- with my Melatonin. I didn't try for sleep till after 12:30 or later so I think that is the best bedtime hour for me. LATE!

Charles picked up the Ambien today , but after reading all the possible side effects- and with what you said here - I'm afraid to take it! If high cost is an indicator of how good it is- it should work like magic!! Over $45.00 for 30 pills!
I can't afford this! But I WILL give it a try!

My sleep disorder is not a constant thing- and I told the DOC that...and I can usually track down my reasons for a sleepless night!!
Oh well- the $$$ is spent so I'll see how this all plays out for me!

Thanks, JD , for your understanding and concern- Hope yer husband's sleep problems work out, also!

Yah- all we need to do is BELIEVE we can sleep and it will happen! ;)


Junie
(the ceaseless of Lower Hellswicke)

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Hey Junie,
Sorry about the sleepless in Florida night. I have those from time to time.
Since marrying I've moved a bit closer to your neck of the woods. I live in Groveland now. Almost neighbors, LOL.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Doug,

Yep, I have been having a lot of sleep problems but it's a thing I have had throughout my life... I'm working on it, tho, and will do whatever I have to!

;0 Wow, you ARE pretty close to us now! We have ridden our Victory to Groveland before! It's very pretty down that way.

Hope things are going great in your life!


Thanks for coming by, Doug.


Junie ( your neighbor!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home