Junie's Place: Yes! Finally! ***And ~ Elvis***

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Yes! Finally! ***And ~ Elvis***








( click on pics to enlarge )






Today I'm doing this! Yes, finally I am tackling the job; putting away Christmas! Mostly santas, as you see...and I didn't put out everything...not by a long shot!
I know- 8 days into the new year is unthinkable to just now be putting away Christmas...but that's the way it went this year!


...I know when I get my house back in order I will feel much better about everything! Things just overwhelm me sometimes! There's just too much 'stuff' in this house! Magazines - for one (LOTS,RATHER) and I have decided to avoid mag. subscriptions for the foreseeable future!
They pile up...have you noticed? And sometimes go unread at all!

OK- this is a start with the Christmas things and I'm trying to organize all of it better so as to make it easier next time- :) since I DID decide to do it again, after all, next season!

This 'putting away' project will be at least another day in the doing... ( as I have not even touched the tree yet!) then I'm taking on other-more challenging- jobs around the house!

I plan to have this old house looking good in the near future!

~~~~
Today is Elvis' birthday! ( Thanks Pea, for the reminder at your blog)
I was hoping to find a video of ' This Old House' by Elvis ( to tie in with my post) but it didn't work out!
...But here is one of my favorite early Elvis songs! In fact, this may be my very favorite song by Elvis!
Folks, this takes me back to my teen years...when Elvis and Rock n Roll were brand new!
Enjoy!''






( ...SO- I'm off to try for some sleep...am very tired so I think it might work tonight without too much of a problem.)



Love,


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

When I packed away my Christmas stuff, I also organized it all to make it easier for me next year...good to plan ahead for things like that! lol I so enjoyed watching that Elvis video...Heartbreak Hotel...no one could sing it like Elvis:=) It truly is hard to believe that he would have been 73 today...we'll never know an "old" Elvis! Gone but not forgotten. xox

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

I still have a day's work in getting my stuff put away but I'm making progress! :) But you get an idea of how much I put out by the pictures...

Elvis was very special! I just love that those videos are avalible for us to see.

Junie

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I still have my Christmas tree up, Junie, so don't feel bad! It's quite unusual for me, too, as I normally take everything down January 1st. Just haven't got around to it yet, this year!

I hope you got your nap today, after being up before 4am! I did that a few weeks ago and was exhausted all day long!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home