Junie's Place: Horses... ( Project Blue #4 )

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Horses... ( Project Blue #4 )

This is my #4 Project Blue post.

Check Anna's blog for more about blue!


This is a couple of the 50 plus Art Horses that were a part of a big art project here in our town a few years ago! It was called 'Horse Fever.'







The fiberglass horses were done by local artists and after being on display around town at separate business locations for a few months, were finally auctioned off. Most sold for very high $$$ s!

The months before the auction, Charles and I did a lot of searching around our town and photographing as many of the horses as we could! Later I bought a poster with the whole collection of the horses!

It's not surprising that many of the horses were bought by local businesses and ranch and home owners, and so remained in our area!

It's still a thrill to me to, unexpectedly, come upon one of these horses on display!

~~~

Speaking of horses...but not blue ones...
Charles and I bought a horse we found advertised in a sale publication yesterday. We drove up to a town called Mayo today to bring her home! It was about a 2 hour drive, but was very enjoyable.

The horse is a Paso Fino - a very attractive horse breed!
Problem is- she is a bit skittish and it wasn't easy getting her into the trailer to get her home with us! But she calmed down as we got underway and we made it just fine.

We are not horse people...but I guess we'll learn as we go, at least, Charles will! :)
He also has a lot to do to fix her a good shelter and pasture here!
(As if he needed more to do around here!)

This is a picture of our new horse...Her name translates to Brilliant Sun...so I think we'll just call her 'Sunshine!'






Read about the
Paso Fino horses here!




Junie



Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 12:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blue but Sunshine is absolutely beautiful! Good luck with her!

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Wow!! Look at you and Charles! Beautiful, gorgeous horse! Sunshine sounds like the perfect name!! :)

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie.. nice coloured horses,we have cows like that everywere in shepparton not far from Merle's.. But OHH Sunshine is a Perfect name for your lovely horse..

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Donna said...

We have a Blue horse at a car dealership in our little town!LOL...Beautiful Sunshine!!hughugs

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Hi Junie,
I was so stunned when I saw these photos I had to look and see again where you were from.
I visited my son over the weekend in Leesburg, Va. and took a photo of a horse like this - the same thing was down there he was telling me. I'll have to post my next week.
Congrats on "Sunshine". I'm sure we'll see many more gorgeous photos of
her.

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jeanette,

Yes- Merle has posted some of those cows in the past! They're fun to look at! :)

I also know there have been other similar projects in other cities around our country!

I like these horses a lot.


Junie

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Carletta,

:)

WOW- cool your son's town has this art, too!

It was a big deal here in Ocala, at the time it was going on! I was very happy a lot of the horses were bought by local people and stayed in our area! A lot of them ended up on big horse farms. The city bought 5 and they are in our downtown square. It's always a treat to come upon one when we're out for a ride.


Junie

 
At 5:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sally,

Yes-Sunshine IS a pretty horse-and the name fits her fine!

I think she will work out fine for us- something new in our world! :)


Junie

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Donna,


:) so you got a BLUE horse too!!

You should get a pic of it!



Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home