Junie's Place: Back in business!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Back in business!



Bleeding Hearts





As you see I am back in business with my pictures! I bought more space with my Google/Blogger account- LOL- So I'm set for the the rest of my life or the rest of the life of my blog...whichever ends first!


~~~


When I returned from shopping today I had received these in today's mail! Aren't they pretty?

Our blog friend, Jamie Dawn, makes these cross necklaces! The ones I bought are one each of green, gold and red! I love them all but want to give one to Alli so have to decide which color I can part with! :) I may have to get me some more colors!

JD makes them in many different colors. They are very attractive and well made!

Thanks, Jamie D. !









I had to do some shopping today (Wal-Mart) and....no... I didn't see any undressed folks in the parking lot! Not to say that I didn't see some sights, though. :) Always do!

Had a little excitement when I went to load up my stuff! When I opened the trunk there was a little frog...not in the trunk but in the space beneath the trunk lid/door.

He, apparently, was as surprised as I was.

I tried to get him to jump off ! I wasn't wanting to touch him if I could help it so I used my purse to nudge him a little .

Well, he turned and hoped
onto my purse.

Suddenly he was squirting his water every which way! It went on my purse and on the car and on my shoes and feet!

Dang little critter!

And now I have to worry about getting warts on my toes...plus...have to get a new pair of my favorite canvas sandals to replace the white ones I was wearing today!

He was still hanging onto my purse so my hope was to get him to one of the grassy little islands....but he panicked and jumped onto the HOT, HOT parking lot!

I had to give up on him! Last I saw of him he was heading under my car...and I HOPE I wasn't the one to smash him. Most likely that was his fate... either by my car or someone else...but I'll never know!

Wish I could have saved him! :( ...

I was pretty much knocked out after my shopping trip and the job of putting everything away. In addition to food shopping I also bought some more plants for the garden. I bought 3 more of the pink Knock-Out roses and a hanging basket of Impatiens!

Today Charles found a golf cart at a yard sale which we thought was an excellent deal! We have been wanting to find one we could afford . It will be fun and handy for getting around the place here! It's in great shape! Isn't it cute? :)






We had a golf cart when our 'grands' were kids and spent a lot of time here! This brought back a lot of fun memories for me!


Junie







Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger dot said...

Funny about the frog! My daughter has a golf cart and I love visiting her so I can take it for a spin.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Yay - glad you're back!! :)

I must say, I've never seen a golf cart at a yard sale! It sure is cute,though. :)

Poor froggy...
Poor Junie's shoes...

 
At 6:56 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Hope you get your shoes cleanafter your froggy experience.
if there white canvas try soaking them in nappysan..we do that with our white bowls shoes clean them..

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

This was a ribbiting blog post.

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Sally said...

I'm glad to know someone else believes frogs give us warts!! hahaha

So happy you're feeling better. Love the necklaces, very pretty! That sure looks like a nice golf cart. Have a great weekend!

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOl

Thanks, all you folks, for visiting and reading my nonsense almost every day!


Sally- not sure about the WART part...but I DO know I didn't like to be tinkled on by that little frog!

However...I was sorry I couldn't deliver him to a safe place!

...And the shoes... well- they're cheap little things that I get on sale so I won't fret too much about them!


Junie

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Glad you're back Junie....oh your poor shoes. Love those bleeding hearts....beautiful.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Oh how fun that golf cart will be! I'd love to zip around the yard with that thing.
You should have kissed that frog. It may have been a handsome prince just waiting to meet Alli!!
:-)
I'm so glad you like those necklaces! I received your check. Thanks very much for your order!! My inventory is getting low now. I'll be getting supplies to make 100 necklaces next week! That should last me awhile. Rachel ordered 4 today, and I told her to wait until I get the supplies, so I'll have more choices for her to choose from. I'm really enjoying making these crosses. It's a long story, but I'll give you the short version: My voice disorder caused me to lose my job as Women's & Music Pastor at our church in CA. I was disappointed because that was all I knew how to do. I have not worked since I had all those throat surgeries over the past ten years. Making these necklaces is a great way for me to make a little extra money and not have to do a job that depends on my voice. I am so grateful to have found this opportunity!
That may be the longest comment I've ever left you

:-)

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Hi Junie,
I was just wondering where you go to upgrade to more blogger. I'm only at 46%, but I suspect it adds up quickly.
Love your little golf cart!
xo

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jamie Dawn,

Thanks for your long comment.

Oh, it's very good that you found this outlet with making the necklaces! They are unique and very well made and I was happy to have the chance to get them.

Yes, our new golf cart will be handy and fun to use. We had one before but haven't had one that works in a few years.

Have a good day, JD.

Junie

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Susie,


Well, if you're only at 46% you don't need to be concerned yet. You will probably have about as much time left with your pictures as you've already put in-unless you change your input of the amount of pics you post.

I was notified when my storage space ran out- and then there were instructions on what to do.
(Through blogger)

Yep- the golf cart will be fun- and useful too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home