Junie's Place: Mark Knopfler

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mark Knopfler


 Tonight I have been viewing some Dire Straits!   (Mark Knopfler)


 Oh, my!  What a tremendous talent this man has! 


Here is a brief  history of Mark Knopfler  of Dire Straits!  


~~


This video is from the' Dire Straits' time but the date I'm not sure of. Knopfler has had a solo career since 1996.


  This is such a powerful song it brings chills to my spine and tears to my eyes whenever I hear it...this version as well as the others  which I have viewed.



 I hope you all enjoy this one!





Knopfler's latest solo album is 'Kill to Get Crimson' which was  released in 2007.  It has some really good songs, too! (Once good, always good!!)  


I'm hoping  that the show will be a mix of his old and his new stuff!  :)  I expect it will be!


Oh!  NOW I'm working up some excitement- thinking of the music next Tuesday night in Atlanta! :)  I just KNOW it will be a good concert!  I hope C. likes it too!


~~~


Tomorrow I will again post one of Knopfler's  songs from his latest albums!



Good night!



Junie


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:02 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time!

This link for the video keeps starting and stopping. Might just be my server; but I wanted you to know.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carletta,


Yah! Looking forward to a fun trip- especially the concert!


Sorry you're having trouble with the youtube...others might be too, but I'm not! I'm always surprised when folks have trouble with the vids because I don't- well, I don't OFTEN!! I use Firefox browser.

Hope you can check out some of Knopfler's music!


Junie

 
At 3:42 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've just finished reading his biography...I can't believe it was in 1977 when Dire Straits came out, I still remember it so well when I first heard them:-) I'm glad that Mark continued on with a solo career afterwards, he certainly has an amazing talent. Loved that song. xoxo

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh! I love Dire Straits- lol- but they are kind of NEW for me! I just never bothered with music much over the years. I would just stick with what I knew I loved and not explore the other music out there! lol-I have made up for it the past2-3- years!

....AND NOW- Mark Knopfler is tops with me! lol- Yah! Maybe my # 1 guy!! He's great!!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home