Junie's Place: Alabama trip coming right up!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Alabama trip coming right up!




This week is almost over and not near all of the things on the plan that needed doing have been done!

Oh, well-
SOME have been accomplished, of course, but not all! I at least got the hair-cut out of the way- and got my poodle groomed. Charles got the meadow cut today too... so-I guess you can say it has been a week for getting stuff cut- if nothing else!

The reason I'm in a bit of a tizzy is that we will be going on our trip early next Tuesday! The concert in Atlanta to see Mark Knopfler is Tuesday night, so we must get an early start! Then we will be going on to north Alabama for Charles' family reunion and to visit my brother and SIL also. We will be gone through the weekend...returning on Sunday-if all goes well.

These trips, though seemingly simple enough in the planning, always turn into a hassle for us, with all the little details of planning and things to do before hand. The big thing is in leaving our place here- with all that goes into taking care of the cows...and now the horse; and my little old poodle girl and the cats will have to be cared for, too! Our son is here so he'll have to take over for a few days-not that easy since he works 12 hour shifts at the hospital!

Oh, how I long for a stress-free vacation!

We also have the renovation project going on the house but there is no rush on that...darn good thing, too, because 'rush' is not a speed easily reached these days for us!

As usual, when overwhelmed, I have just about been shut down in my motivation and enthusiasm...my
get up and go! I have felt just awful today with a headache that won't quit and achy legs and hips and back! I haven't slept well in several nights so I'm very tired.

I needed to do a little shopping today for a few items of clothes and shoes, but just didn't feel like getting out. Oh well, THAT I won't worry about because I can get by with what I have!

(LOL- After all- I doubt that Mark Knopfler will see me in my old worn shoes!)

OK- I'm trying to think ahead and realize how enjoyable these trips
back home always turn out to be! I know we will have fun ...it's just the getting ready to do it that gets me down!

And this is all part of my being so settled into my daily life and having trouble dealing with changes! LOL- I know if we were going to the most exciting place on earth I would still have this same stress level!

:)
NOT to imply that Alabama isn't exciting!

It is!! :)

Sweet Home Alabama










Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 5:25 PM , Blogger Jim said...

Hi Junie -- That is good you are going to a concert. At first I wondered about all the way to Alabama but then I see to visit as well.
The last concert I went to was by Lyle Lovett and Bonnie Strait if I remember correctly.
I know Dire Straits but not Mark Knopfler as a guitarist. Have fun!
..

 
At 5:29 PM , Blogger smilnsigh said...

I understand how one can be settled into daily life. Which is really a good thing. Until it's necessary to really tip-life-on-its-head. :-)

Hope you can get rest and not be stressed out...

And funny ~ Since getting the reissue of the lovely book "Alabama,, One Big Front Porch," I'm seeing Alabama mentioned more. :-)

Miss Mari-Nanci
'Smilnsigh' blog

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Jim,


Thanks for coming by again.

:) yes- am looking forward to the concert. Knopfler is an excellent guitarist! He does good solo music (post Dire Straits, that is) but I DO hope he does some from the old band that are my favorites, too.

Lyle Lovett is a very talented singer/songwriter too! We've never seen him! :) We don't go to a lot of concerts.

 
At 6:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Miss Mari-Nanci,

Yep- I am working on being more relaxed and getting myself in the right mode for this trip!

I always enjoy the trips to Alabama, once we're on the way!

...And also the concert will be good!


Thanks and have a good evening.


Junie Rose

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Eve said...

You sound so much like me. Now throw in, unable to sleep the night before and you have me.
I had rather have comfortable clothes on a vacation than new ones. As for shoes at a concert,,,I wear tennis shoes unless it is a Gospel Concert,,then I will wear flats. That respect thing.

I love Mark. I saw Chet Atkins and Mark on a show one night and became an immeidate fan. The Poor boy Blues...

Go and try to remember, this supuposed to be FUN....

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi EVE!!


You're right about the clothes and shoes for this kind of vacation trip- and ....Well I have 4 more days to get myself in the right frame of mind and worry free! :) I'll pull it together.

Oh!! So cool that you like Mark Knopfler! And I know the song you are talking about with Chet Atkins- in fact I posted a Youtube video of that not long ago, here ! It's the cutest video ever!!


Thanks!


Junie

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure you'll love the trip. Well, I guess I'm not sure, but I sure think you'll love it.

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

;)

You're right, AC!

I'm sure I'll love the trip...and especially the concert with Mark Knopfler!


Have a good night!

Junie

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Take a DEEP breath, Junie!! It's gonna be GREAT!!! I'm happy for you and Charles and the getaway!

Take care!!

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Enjoy yourself!!! Live in the NOW!!! Happy weekend!!hughugs

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

How very exciting that you'll be going to see Mark Knopfler in concert! I wish I could go with you:-)

I can well imagine how hard it is to simply up and leave for a few days away when you have animals and such to take care of. We always manage, though, don't we, and end up having a fabulous time. Then we wonder why we were so stressed out getting ready! lol xoxo

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,

Pea and Donna.

Oh yes! I'm looking forward to the trip...and especially the concert!!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home