Junie's Place: Poem: Fall of the Spider

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Poem: Fall of the Spider




Note:

This is my latest spider encounter.

This picture is a little smaller than this spider's actual size!

Those of you who know much about me know that I usually go to great lengths to protect spiders and other critters...as much as it is possible! If I can I will capture a spider in a wet paper towel and put him out! This time I couldn't!

Sometimes you just gotta do what must be done! :(





Fall of the Spider


Spider, spider on my wall...
hope you’re ready for a fall.

I can’t have you in my home,
can’t leave you free to romp and roam.

Can’t leave you on my ceiling, high...
above my bed where I must lie!

Would you crawl upon my bed...
upon my pillow...my hair my head?

Or on my toes, if they’re exposed...
or would you crawl across my nose?

Or take a sip from my water cup?
No! I won’t share with you one sup!

If I could, I’d set you free.
I’d put you out and let you be!

But there’s no way with you so high!
I have no other choice... do I?

I don’t take this lightly, though!
I just know you have to go!

So I spray - but not with glee!
I have no choice - it’s you or me!


June Kellum
July 3, 2008

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

At 12:20 PM , Blogger Sally said...

HAHAHAHA - Junie, you are one TRIP!! Hey, I don't blame you one bit; there's no way you could have gone to sleep with that thing hangin' over your head!! :)

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

haha- Thanks! (I think)

But yer right- that guy HAD to go!


Happy 4th., Sally!



Junie

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I have a "Bug Lady"....quarterly spraying....If I saw that? I would Not be able to go to sleep!!LOL...You're a Brave woman Miss Junie!!!LOL...Happy 4th!!hughugs

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Yep- I'm brave! hahaha


Have a great weekend!


Junie

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Judy said...

I would probably have run into the wall and hurt myself if I saw that thing! I am scared to death of spiders but I like your poetry!

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Judy,

I find spiders interesting...but NOT in my house!

I like to look at the webs when I see them outside.


Happy 4th. to you!



Junie

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Junie, I hope that poem was intended to be hilarious... because it was!! Thanks for the laugh, and thanks to the spider, too, as the laugh is at his expense!

 
At 12:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Yah- I hoped folks would find it a fun poem to read!

Truly- I don't like to kill things, you know- but HAD to this time!!

Hope you're doing well, Skye and hope you all have a happy 4th!


Junie

 
At 10:12 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Maybe you could sweep it down with a broom next time, and then take it outside?

I don't like to kill things either... except mosquitos!!!

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I thought of that but I was afraid it would get away from me before I could catch it ... go under the bed...

Wouldn't have bothered me so much in any other room, other than the bed room! Yuck! I could imagine it getting on me while I was sleeping!


Oh, well- seeing spiders in the house doesn't happen often- thank goodness!



Junie

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

*Shivers* I can't live w/them myself. I LOVE your poem! It's so spot on and well written :)

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) lol- Thanks, Carolyn.

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your poem reminds me of the spider that sent me to the emergency room who bit me in my bed. He had to go to spider heaven too.

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Sorry I missed your comment -way back when it was written...or at least I didn't respond to it as I did the others!

Yes- spider bites can be bad! Sorry you went through that


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home