Junie's Place: This Weekend

Sunday, June 29, 2008

This Weekend



This weekend has been a strange mix of happy and sad-and a lot of other emotions thrown in all together. Just typical of life in general, I suppose!

The 'sad' was attending the funeral yesterday for a cousin here in Ocala. I hadn't seen her in awhile but had love for her and so the news of her passing was hard. It's always sad, especially with younger people and, to me, she was of the younger generation. (Tho, at age 57, just 10 years younger than me)

...So, yesterday was a somber day, with the funeral service and the gathering afterwards. But I did see some folks I hadn't seen in a long time!

My cousin Inez ( up for the funeral) is at my sister's house until Tuesday. We invited them over today for lunch. (my sis, BIL and my cousin) We had a nice meal and visit!

Tina and Alli came by too, for awhile! (Alli did some stuff for me...she fixed my header on my new 'Farm Life of the Past ' blog! I kept messing up!!!! BTW- I posted more there today!

Here's a pic of Alli and my cousin. Not very good but it's all I got this time! :)









WOW! 9:00 PM already! And I still have my animals to feed! Guess they're wondering if I've forgotten them tonight!

Have a great night!


Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:42 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's difficult when they go too soon. Hugs.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, AC

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Oh Sweetie! SO sorry to hear this...there's never a Good time, is there....much love and a great big hug for you!! (((HUG)))

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin! She was still very young.

 
At 2:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for all your comments.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home