Junie's Place: Monster Bash 2008

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Monster Bash 2008



My son, Chris, returned last night from his trip to Pittsburgh, Pa. The event was the Monster Movie Bash that they have there each year! This was the first time Chris has been able to make the trip up there and I was happy he did, this time.


He's a big fan and collector of all this kind of thing...has been all his life! :) He has so much already, he's had to put a lot in storage. Still, he managed to find things he wanted! He had a great time and got some cool stuff! Here he is showing
some of it to me last night!

I guess he got that collecting bug from me, as I, too, always want to keep adding to the things I like to collect.
(books, dolls, music, santas are my things! )




Being single, he can afford to indulge himself with his hobbies!




















































One of the highlights of the event was meeting actress Donna Douglas of the 60s, TV sitcom, 'The Beverly Hillbillies.' She had also been in this 'Twilight Zone' show earlier in her career! This autographed picture is from that show!




We always watched these Twilight Zone shows!


:) I remember this one well!!




Junie Rose



Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 9:23 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ah Donna Douglas. I was about 15 when the Beverly Hill billies first played.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Sally said...

So glad your Chris had a great time and returned home safely. Yeah, the Beverly Hillbillies, that's so cool to meet DD and get an autograph!!

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Look like he got some great stuff!
My son is GLAD he didn't get the collecting bug from me. LOL!

The Beverly Hillbillies - "listen to a story bout' a man named Jed"!

Twilight Zone - to this day if I'm flipping channels and a see one of those I stop and watch it!

Have a good day Junie!

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Sally,

Yes, she autographed that picture for him. He talked to her and said she's very nice and friendly and still is very attractive. He enjoyed meeting her!



Junie

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Junie, Glad your son was able to go and have a great time,, I used to love watching The Beverly Hillbillies, always had a laugh at there antics and you always wondered what they were going to get up to next....
Have a great weekend

 
At 11:36 AM , Blogger dot said...

Sounds like he had a great time.
I remember watching the Twilight Zone. I'd get so scared!

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I Remember this one too!!!! Donna Douglas....she was So pretty! Thanks Junie!!!hughugs
PS-That's Some collection!!!

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger Judy said...

The Beverly Hillbillies remains one of my favorite shows of all times. I still watch the Twilight Zone. Isn't it fun to collect stuff! Have a great weekend.

 
At 10:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for your comments!

:) Looks like we all liked the Beverly Hillbillies!


Junie

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Fred said...

The Superman comic book caught my eye. I have an extensive comic book collection and my favorite was always the Superman/Superboy series.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home