Junie's Place: Pileated Woodpecker

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pileated Woodpecker

Today I want to share some pictures I recently got on our property.

This is a little unusual, the sighting of these birds around here
, so when I DO see them it's a big deal for me!

(Lol- yes! I'm an excitable girl!)





The pictures are not the greatest because I didn't want to risk causing the bird to fly away, and I didn't want to disrupt his meal either, just for a photo shoot!

...I just zoomed in as much as I could and both 'Woody' and I were happy!



Fact from Wickapedia:

* The Pileated Woodpecker was the model for the cartoon character Woody Woodpecker*



Go here for more on this bird!


~~~

It's a rainy day here, due to 'Fay', of course. Thankfully, though, this one hasn't been a bad one! I, actually, haven't been keeping up with things much, the past few days...but Fay seems to have been very mild as far as our storms go! Good thing , because I'm not up to dealing with a hurricane right now! :) Of course~ we do what we have to when these things happen!

I'm still not feeling well and am still waiting for an appointment for the stress test!
(LOL- Maybe this waiting is part of the test, ya think?)

Catch you guys later!


Junie

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 1:16 PM , Blogger Margie's Musings said...

Hi Junie,

We saw a pileated woodpecker three times last year in our front yard. I was amazed! I thought they were supposed to be extinct.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

The pileated woodpecker is cute! I see one every now and then around here. A woodpecker that is...don't know if it's a pileated woodpecker or not!

I'm glad Fay isn't giving you any trouble!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Love the red headed woodpecker pictures. I see one in my trees every once in a while but not very often. I am sorry you are not feeling well still and hope you are taking care of yourself and taking it easy.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Beautiful Woody! Hope you're resting sweetie!!hughugs

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger dot said...

Great shots of the woodpecker. I'm envious!
Wish Fay would bring us some rain. We need it so badly.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all you ladies!

Yes! That Woody IS a handsome guy, isn't he!!

Sorry I am not much into blogging at the moment...I AM reading your blogs but not commenting much! Hopefully I will soon get back into the groove of things!


Junie

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Junie:-)

You got some great shots of that woodpecker! We get one that comes around once in a while...you can always hear him when he is around! lol

I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I always say the waiting part is the most stressful part!! At least it's a good sign that the EKG didn't show a heart attack but hopefully the stress test will give more answers. I can well imagine how scared it made you feel to have that "episode"!! You are in my prayers, dear Junie!! xoxo

 
At 6:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good picture of the woodpecker he is cute , I would of dashed for my camera too!!
Diane

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Gorgeous woodpecker, Junie! I'd love to see one of those. :) Take it easy and take care of yourself, okay?

 
At 12:59 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Junie, these are marvelous photos of Woody!
I loved that cartoon!!

 
At 9:33 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Junie, some very nice photos of the pileated woodpecker! I hope you start feeling better soon.

I have a brand new award for you at my blog - come see! :)

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Jeanette said...

gday Junie great photo of Woody woodpecker, now I can say ive seen one even if its a photo... take good careand hope your feeling yourself again very soon...xxxxxx

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks again, ladies, for all your nice comments!

I'll try to get back to individual replies to all comments soon, but for now I will just say thanks to you all together.



I'm doing ok - hope you all are well, too.


Love ,

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home