Junie's Place: One final bit from Alabama! :)

Monday, August 11, 2008

One final bit from Alabama! :)



I got this E-mail from one of the nieces in Alabama!

Archaeology find

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, New York scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion, that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, in California an archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, headlines in the LA Times newspaper read: ' "California archaeologists have found traces of 200 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, ' The Montgomery Advertiser, a local newspaper in Alabama, reported the following:
"After digging as deep as 300 feet in his pasture near Pine Level, Autauga County Alabama, Bubba Mitchell, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, Alabama had already gone wireless."

Thank God for Bubba. Who said Alabamians were hicks?

:)


(To those of you who are from Alabama: Please don't be offended. I am also from Alabama and an Alabamian sent this to me.)


Junie



Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At 10:30 AM , Blogger dot said...

Good ole Bubba! I'm from Alabama and certainly not offended.
Love the barn!

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)


Thanks, Dot! I liked that and thought it would be a good ending to my Alabama posts - for now!

My family were from Alabama too! (although I was born in Lafayette, Ga) I LOVE Alabama and love visiting up there.

I especially love the old barns and country scenes!


Have a great day.


Junie

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Gorgeous barn - and red - I love it!

I also loved the story. It put a smile on my face this afternoon.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Sally said...

HAHAHAHAHA - gone wireless - good old Bubba - too funny!!!! I'm not from Alabama but very close!!!

Love the barn!! :)

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

LOL!


Carletta

and

Sally!


This should prove , once and for all, that we southerners are not clueless hicks! hahahaha

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I like that Barn!! Copper wire...100yrs? WoW!!!hughugs

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Thanks for reading, Donna!

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Eve said...

We Southerners know an obvious conclusion when we see it.

 
At 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful Ruby Barn!! Happy ruby Tuesday to you...

 
At 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice barn.

About Bubba, I find "gone wireless" funny.

Mine's HERE. Happy Tuesday!

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Leora said...

Wonderful red barn. I heard that story told by someone else, only the punchline wasn't about Alabama... it's funny, whatever it's about.

 
At 10:00 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)


Thanks, Eve.

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Ralph said...

That barn, like barns everywhere, is stunning in red. It is fair to say that no matter what region you're from in the USA, the red barns are common to all regions and thus bind us together (a tiny bit at least!)

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Leora,

Thanks for coming by! I'm always happy to see new visitors!

:) I liked the little story- and it fit in well as an ending to all my Alabama posts of our trip.



Junie

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ellen B

and

ShutterhappyJenn,

Thanks to you both for stopping by and looking.

Actually, this barn wasn't my Ruby Tuesday post - tho it fits just fine, doesn't it!

I will have another one up early tomorrow.



Junie

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Ralph,

...I think the red barns DO have a way of binding...or maybe it's not only the red barns but the love of all country things. I think ppl who appreciate red barns also like winding country roads, old farm tractors, fields of baled hay...etc! :)

Oh well, this wasn't, actually, my Ruby Tuesday post but it has been taken for that... I will have another up later!


Junie

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

The red barn is GREAT but the joke is PRICELESS! Very funny. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home