Junie's Place: Remembering Dan Fogelberg

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Remembering Dan Fogelberg



~~~ I got this E-mail today from Living Legacy~~~


~1951~2007~


( This is a message from Dan's widow.)




Hello everyone,

Tomorrow, August 13th, is Dan's birthday. If you can, at around 6:30 p.m. Eastern Standard Time USA, take a moment wherever you are to mentally join hands together with the rest of us who miss him, in remembrance. Take a quiet moment, or play his music ~ I'll be playing "The Reach", and picturing him sailing on a perfect day, with the wind in his sails and the sun on the sea. And don't forget the "Quest" lapel pin will be for sale at the Prostate Cancer Foundation website to raise money for prostate cancer research and awareness in his name.

My best wishes,
Jean Fogelberg

danfogelberg.com
thelivinglegacy.net
myspace.com/danfogelberglivinglegacy


~~~

So many wonderful pictures and information about Dan Fogelberg and his music can be found
here.

Please visit these sites and remember Dan on his birthday.





I will always cherish the music Dan gave us!

June ~ #1 DanFan


Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Junie, this is a super nice post to share w/us! I didn't know the 13th was Dan's b-day. I'll play a song in remembrance.

Also, just poking around-- I love those old red barn and corn crib pics! I'd love to renovate an old barn like that for a home. *Sigh*

 
At 9:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Carolyn,

I knew the 13th. was his B'day, but honestly , probably wouldn't have remembered if I had not got the email from Living Legacy! It's made me feel sad , thinking of him more, today...but it's always a pleasure hearing his beautiful music!

I'm glad you're enjoying the country pictures too! Oh! I guess you can tell I LOVE barns and all country things...I too, have thought it would be cool to renovate
a big , old barn! (sigh) Doesn't hurt to dream, does it!!

Thanks for coming by, Carolyn.


Junie

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Eve said...

One of my favorite singers. I will remember him tomorrow and say a little prayer for his wife. This first birthday without him has to be tough.

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Eve,

None better, or more special, than Dan, IMHO

I'm always happy to know people who appreciate his music, as I do.


Junie

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning dear Junie:-)

I'm finally back into the world of visiting...I've explained in my post this morning why I hadn't been visiting anyone! Today is a new day and I've missed my friends, so here I am:-)

I so enjoyed seeing all the pictures from your family reunion in Alabama...looks like everyone was having such a great time:-) Also enjoyed the pictures of your kids and grands from when they came over on Sunday. How blessed you are to have such a beautiful family!! They obviously love you and Charles very much:-)

Such a wonderful email that Dan's wife sent to the fans...a beautiful way to pay tribute on his birthday!! xoxo

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

Thanks for stopping by.

I'm very sorry for the sadness in your world at this time. I read your post but didn't comment yet. I'll be back later.

Hugs))


Junie

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Sally said...

This would have been my dad's birthday also. Thanks for sharing the message about Dan. **HUGS**

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Kay Dennison said...

A lovely idea!!!!!

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,


Kay


and


Sally,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home