Junie's Place: Health update on C.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Health update on C.



I just want to take the time here to update on Charles' procedure yesterday.

As stated earlier he had an appointment with a cancer surgery doctor early yesterday.

We made the appointment on time. The place is about 50 miles from our home so we had to get up very early for the 8:00 AM appointment, but we were able to manage it.

The procedure of cutting out and examining tissue of the troublesome spot involved, and then waiting until lab results were reached, lasted about 3 hours, all totaled.

In the end, a spot the size of a nickle and almost as deep as the width, was cut out.

The doctor said the cancer cells had gone deep and he can not guarantee that they got it all. This spot is in the left temple.

The spot will have to be watched very closely for any further changes in the tissues there.

He'll go back in 10 days to have the stitches removed and for additional surgery to another spot on his arm which, also, has been diagnosed as Basil Cell Carcinoma.

All we can do is hope and pray for the best.

Thanks for all the comments and good wishes for my husband.

~~~

Last night we watched the VP debate and THAT was a bright spot in our long day!

It may not matter, in the end results, but we were happy to see SARAH PALIN do so well in this debate.




Junie

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and Charles. I know the wait and see is hard to take. My baby brother in Florida has been through Chemo and Radiation over the last year and his results are only wait and see.

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Momma-Mary,

Thanks for coming by and commenting.

Chas. has had several of these removed this way- but this is the first time he's had to go back a second time and STILL be in doubt if they got it all...so we are a little more worried about this time.

Sending good wishes for your brother, too!

Take care-you and Jay.

I'll visit you soon.

Junie

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Will be praying for you both that he got it all and he does not have to go through anything else.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh, I didn't know about Charles' having this. I'll certainly keep him in my prayers that they get it all out. I hope you both are able to get some rest before the next trip there :)

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh Junie, I sure hope and pray that they did get it all. Like you said, hope and pray for the best is about all we can do. I'll certainly remember him in my prayers.

I'm glad Sarah Palin was strong during the debate!

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Have been away from the computer, but sending up a prayer right now for your Charles. ((HUGS))

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Gretchen said...

Will be praying for your hubby.

Sorry, I don't think Palin did well. All she did was read her notes over and over. Doesn't she have a mind to answer a question. She just kept going back to the talking points and refused or more likely was just unable to answer what was asked of her. True embarrassment. :(

 
At 8:47 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all all for your comments!

I will visit blogs as I can.


Junie

 
At 12:38 AM , Blogger Carletta said...

Junie,
Many prayers for Charles!

And, the election isn't over until it's over! :)

 
At 3:30 AM , Blogger nippercatshome said...

You and your husband are in my prayers, Im sorry you are both going through such a hard time in your life. take care..Mary

 
At 3:37 AM , Blogger Peter said...

G'day June, sorry to read the news about Charles, I missed the first post about it.
I just hope everything goes well and they have got all the cancer cells, my thoughts are with you both.

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ Just catching up after a break. I am so very sorry that Charles has the bad cancer and pray they did get it all. I guess he wears a hat in the sun now. My prayers are with you both, my friend. Thanks for your comments and glad you liked the Ode to Other People.
Take great care June, Much love, Merle.

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger dot said...

I will keep you both in my prayers.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Skye said...

I hope everything will turn out all right for Charles, Junie. I'm thinking good thoughts for you both.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure it's all very difficult for you, but you both seem to be strong and very much in this together.

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger maryt/theteach said...

Junie, I hope all will go well for your husband. I've had basel cell on my forhead and the doctors were not concerned about it. I will keep him in my thoughts and in my heart for the days to come.

 
At 10:54 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Mary,

We're trying to keep a positive outlook.

Thanks for coming by.


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home