Junie's Place: strange things happening...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

strange things happening...


Yesterday was the most stressful day I can remember ever having, with problems occurring of all shapes and sizes and degrees of severity and bizarreness! Most are still here today and ONE has been added to and is completely beyond explanation! It has me in a black cloud of confusion...

~~~
#1
I will start with the simple (but repulsive) problem of the mouse in my kitchen...Yes-once again I spotted a mouse run across my kitchen floor. Not a good thing to be confronted with -just after a festive holiday and having had all the good treats and food prepared in that kitchen ... I have a habit of washing all things (pots-etc.) before using them so I know the food I prepared was clean...but still...A DARN MOUSE IN MY KITCHEN!!! Steps have been taken to bring about his demise...D-CON behind all appliances!


#2
Another major annoyance of yesterday-and several days before- has been a bad water leak when I do laundry. Charles had gone to the
big deal of taking the washer out and checking it out by running it through a wash cycle on the garage ramp. No leak was detected. Nothing to do but put it back and see what happens! (we expect miracles around here) OK- meantime I just deal with the water with towels and try to ignore it. I noticed tho, that the water didn't seem to start at the washing machine but further out on the floor and to the side... I suspected a break in the water line...perhaps under the ceramic tile floor! Oh , my!! OK- out of desperation I decided to get a flash light-and Charles- in there to watch and try to determine exactly where the water was originating. Finally-after several days of trying to deal with this problem... we can see where the problem is! We have a wash tub right next to the machine...of course with it's own water connections. We have never used it but I had in mind a place to wash my poodles when we built the house! Over the years all kinds of stuff has accumulated there. (old towels which I use for my dog's bedding, to name one use...) Underneath this tub is an open space where other things end up...big canisters or jars too heavy for shelves... ok- we found the elbow pipe connection under this tub had somehow been broken. (by having things shoved under there.) So when the washer started to drain a lot of the water would flow through this connection and flood my floor. At this point it had become very large- this hole- but , apparently, had started small and gone unnoticed . The problem just recently became like this-tho I'm sure it was in the works for awhile! To make matters worse I went ahead and did more clothes... thinking the pan Charles put under the hole would be sufficient to hold the over flow! NOT SO! I had another major mop up to do! :( He plans to remove this unused tub today and end all those extra drains! Thank goodness!

#3
Another major issue of yesterday was dealing with my blog. I had found the night before and into yesterday that I was unable to log onto my blog site. My password didn't work for me any more to log in! OK- sometimes these things happen...I expect these mysterious things with the computer...but finally- out of desperation- I followed through and tried to retrieve my password, thinking maybe I had it wrong...When I followed the instructions of the letter I got back...they gave me a list of my blogs associated with my account. OK- all of my blogs are there-PLUS a blog that is not mine! I went to the blog they had listed. The name was familiar...and I remembered it was a blog I had frequented in the past. (It's a blog set to private now.)

I do not know what to make of this-and don't know what- if anything- I should try to do about it!
Is this just a screw up of blogger? WHY would that name end up as one of my blogs? And another thing...WHY would it be a blog I had visited in the past...why not a blog I had never gone to before- if it's just a random glitch of some kind???

Have any of you ever had a problem like this? I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas on this.

OK- all I did was change my password. That, of course, solved the problem of my access to my blogs. Still- this whole thing has me baffled and concerned!

#4
Another upset of yesterday was my cat-Tiger. I realized I had not seen him around all day and , in fact, didn't remember seeing him when I put the food out the night before. Charles also, when I asked , said he had not seen him. Knowing this was so unusual for Tiger I became worried. And on top of the troublesome events of that day I became frantic and went searching with a flash light after dark! I admit I was tearful in my search and saying out loud..."What next in this awful day!!" I looked all over the yard, knowing Tiger never strays far from the place. Suddenly it just came to me to go to the shed. This building is not often open...just when Charles gets something out...but sometimes he fails to close it up right away! I opened it up and there was my old cat! He had been more than a day without food and water, but he was fine! Had I not gone searching he probably wouldn't have made it, tho. We might not have gone near the shed for a few more days when we put the Christmas stuff away!

OK- mark that as a positive in that very weird day!!

















There were other things too... but I won't go into them! One has NO way of being explained away in any rational way... short of having a gremlin or ghost in the house!!!



So ...how are things with you? :)


Junie




9 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Awww...poor Tiger! My Hubby shut our KiKi in his workshop once for about a day...it happens and she was fine.
I think if I were you, I'd delete that unknown blog, just to be on the safe side unless you know who it is...that would make me a bit nervous.
...but I'll bet your floors are clean!!hahaa...Don't sweat the small stuff sweetheart. You're both alive, healthy, happy and joyful! When the world tries to drag me down, I just start smiling and sending the problem, "peace". Then I simply, move on. Life is just too short to give Any of my happiness away to a problem that tends to go away on its own anyway!
Yes, I cry and when I feel myself start to sink into sadness, I give myself a mental slap to snap out of it...hahaa....
Brother! Am I on a roll Today!!hahaa...Have a Loving and Peaceful night sweetheart!!!(((HUG)))

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Donna,

Thanks for the pep talk! :) you are right -I shouldn't let the small stuff get to me! ...The thing is , the little things are the things that come out but there are larger things to deal with too! Anyway, things just seemed to pile up on me yesterday ...

As for the blog...it isn't something I can delete from my profile or whatever...It was just listed in that letter as a blog connected to my account! I BELIEVE it's just a glitch of some kind so I'm not gonna worry about it! Not worth it! LOL- There are many things in this computer world I will never understand!

Hugs))

Junie

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Blogger is being a poopy-head all the way around lately. Except for that, I don't know what to say; just repeat what Donna said.

(((((HUGS))))

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sally,

I was wondering if others had been having trouble with blogger lately... no one had mentioned it but , not a lot of posting going on during Christmas anyway!

It was just strange seeing that blog listed as one of mine... Oh, well!

I'm so happy to have both you and Donna around to pick me up when I'm down! Thanks, Sally girl!!:)

Love,

Junie

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

When things pile up like that it seems like more than enough. Especially plumbing. Yuk!

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Right! Yesterday was one of those kinda days

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger dot said...

We've been having the mice in the kitchen too and we also use the decon which is fine unless they die in the house. Yuck.
Sorry you had such a bad day.
Love the music!

 
At 11:48 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Sometimes I feel the same way Junie...."When it rains, it pours." I'm still having leaking problems in my office roof...after having it fixed. They came out again today. I guess you just have to tell yourself not to stress over some of it...at least that's what I tell myself. I have to agree....don't sweat over the small stuff.
I have to laugh....I'm the same way about seeing a mouse though....I can't rest if I see one. But I haven't seen one in a long time. And I hate when I have any problem of any kind with my blog or blogging....don't we all? When we spend so much time on our blogs we tend to get a little upset when we can't access them properly and it's not in our control. I get that completely.

I'm glad Tiger was found...and fine. By the way....your Xmas dinner from your previous post looked WONDERFUL...as usual. You ALL looked really great!

Don't stress Junie....and have a most wonderful New Year sweetie....
Love to you and Charles....~Joy

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, ladies!
(Joy and Dot)

:) happy to know I'm not the only one who sometimes get mice! ;)

haha- kidding! I wish NONE of us ever had to deal with them! NOT that I don't find all of God's creation awesome AND interesting...I just don't want to get too close to some of them! :)

Happy New Year! I hope it's a good one for all of us!


Hugs))

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home