Junie's Place: Sharing Christmas Music

Friday, December 19, 2008

Sharing Christmas Music




Hope you like the Christmas music I have put on my song list!

I like to let it all play through as I go about my baking and decorating in the kitchen!

I like the diversity of the different styles and songs in my selections.


~Example~


The first 2 songs on my list (for the next couple of days)
are songs by Jethro Tull! Not your usual Christmas songs, but I like them both. I like this group a lot!

Here are the lyrics to the first song!
It's a sad one!


~~~

JETHRO TULL
( LYRICS )

"First Snow On Brooklyn"

I flew in on the evening plane.
Is it such a good idea that I am here again?
And I could cut my cold breath with a knife.
And taste the winter of another life.

A yellow cab from JFK, the long way round.
I didn't mind... gave me thinking time before I ran aground
on rocky memories and choking tears.
I believe it only rained round here in thirty years.

Now, it's the first snow on Brooklyn and my cold feet are drumming.
You don't see me in the shadows from your cozy window frame.
And last night, who was in your parlour wrapping presents in the late hour
to place upon your pillow as the morning came?

Thin wind stings my face... pull collar up.
I could murder coffee in a grande cup.
No welcome deli; there's no Starbucks here.
A dime for a quick phone call could cost me dear.

And the first snow on Brooklyn paints a Christmas card upon the pavement.
The cab leaves a disappearing trace and then it's gone.
And the snow covers my footprints, deep regrets and heavy heartbeats.
When you wake you'll never see the spot that I was standing on.

Some things are best forgotten... some are better half-remembered.
I just thought that I might be there on your, on your Christmas night.
And the first snow on Brooklyn makes a lonely road to travel -
cold crunch steps that echo as the blizzard bites.


[Thanks to Andrea Calzoni (jethro85@alice.it) for these lyrics]

[ www.azlyrics.com ]







Enjoy!


Love,
Junie

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! I really like their "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." Jethro Tull intrigues me--never thought of the flute as a rock-and-roll instrument until I first heard Jethro Tull! I only discovered them recently, but my husband has been a fan since his youth.

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Sarah,

:) Happy you enjoyed the Tull Christmas songs.

Jethro Tull is also quite new to me. I got into their music through a friend on a music forum I used to be a part of! They (Jethro Tull) are so unique...unlike any other Rock band I have come across.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home