Junie's Place: Kenny Rankin

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kenny Rankin

~~~


Kenny Rankin

( February 10, 1940 - June 7, 2009 )
I had not heard until recently of Kenny Rankin's death .
I was saddened with this news.

This singer/songwriter/musician was a source of a lot of music listening pleasure for me -since the early 70s. He was one my son, as a teenager, introduced to me - saying, "Mom, you will like this guy a lot!" He was right, too - as he usually was in music matters! :)

Has there ever been a more pure and clear singing voice than this? I doubt it!





Lots of interesting facts about his life and career to be found by searching ...for instance - there is a Beatles connection! :) (LOL-Isn't there always a Beatles connection?)

Go here !

Here he is with Paul McCartney/Beatles', 'Blackbird.'



(Thanks to Youtube for these vids)
and
blancoycanel




Enjoy,

Love,
Junie

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey june
you didn't tell me! I Have to learn all the news on blog world!
I hope Kenny is making beautiful
praise music in heaven. I too Love his singing!
ttyl - Joy

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hey Joy,

:) Nice surprise seeing you here.

Actually I had not heard of Kenny Rankin's death until just recently, myself.

It was sad news for me also-as I always loved his music.

Hey-are you starting a blog? :) I clicked on your name and it took me to BEBE??- which I know nothing about.

Love ya,


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home