Junie's Place: Today's Flowers ~ Aug 9, 2009

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Today's Flowers ~ Aug 9, 2009

~~~

"Today's Flowers"





~~Go here to find other flowers around the world!~~

~~~

I hope you all have flowers in your life! :) What a gloomy world it would be without flowers blooming!



This is a water plant we have growing in a small water garden at our place! It also grows wild in lakes and canals throughout our state! I love these delicate blooms!




This is a problem plant in Florida waterways (and other states )- but I think it's beautiful!


~~

~~Read about it here!~~




Junie

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:50 PM , Blogger sandyshares said...

it is beautiful sandy

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

It's lovely Junie!
I enlarged it to see the detail on the bloom. I love the color combo of purple, yellow, and blue.
If they have problems on the waterways I assume it is somewhat evasive. It is beautiful.

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger Regina said...

It stand out in the midst of the green leaves.
Very lovely!

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We have some pretty but invasive plants here too: purple loosestrife comes to mind.

 
At 9:48 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Very pretty!! :)

 
At 1:40 AM , Blogger Tammie Lee said...

I can see why you love these blooms. They are quite lovely and remind me of orchids.
Spirithelpers

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Just beautiful Junie...love that purple color. It does remind me of a lilac. Hugs, Joy

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, all of you, for your comments!

Yep- very pretty but VERY invasive!

Junie

 
At 10:31 PM , Blogger DeniseinVA said...

It certainly would be a gloomy world if we didn't have flowers in it. Your water plant is lovely, I have never seen it before. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh, Junie, how lovely they are! The colour is so delicate and I love the hint of blue in the middle of the lilac colour!! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home