Junie's Place: At the farm

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

At the farm

***

Lucy loves to get out in the back yard! She goes a little wild in her elation when she DOES manage to get outside!

She's not allowed out often but I didn't stop her late this afternoon when I went out to check on the goats and to take care of my big boys!
(General Tommy Franks and Tiger)

Here is little Lucy-trying to make friends with the guys!

Those 'grouchy old men' are not impressed with this little girl - AT ALL!

(I keep telling them how silly they are both acting...and that Lucy is here to stay! Get over it!!)































Speaking of goats...Charles bought 3 more to add to the small herd we have started! (not sure if herd is the correct term :) ) Anyway...we have 8 goats now. He bought a Billy goat (the male) and 2 more Nannies.(female)

He named the boy...'Billy-Bob!!' And I named the girls...'Nanny' and 'Mary!'

Well- you could say Billy and Nanny would be expected names for goats.....Where 'Mary' came from I can't say...except that I have never had a goat-or anything else- named Mary! LOL - So now I do!!


L to R...Billy-Bob, Mary, Nanny





Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Given time I'm sure Lucy will make the General and Tiger succumb to her charms! hehe Loved seeing the pictures of the three of them. So lovely to also meet Billy-Bob, Nanny and Mary...they're very good looking...for goats! lol xoxo

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Hi Pea,

LOL- Well, little Lucy keeps trying to charm them!

Those goats really are nice ones-because they are more tame and I can pet them!! :)

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

Mary's name can be in honor of Mary Travers.

Lucy is so cute!!! She will fit right in soon enough when they figure out she's not leaving.

:-)

Things have been busy lately, so my blog posts are few and far between. I sure hope you and Charles and the family are all doing well. I know you keep up with all the political goings on. There's a lot happening lately!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home