Junie's Place: They're back!!!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

They're back!!!



OK-


I have been expecting my house to be invaded with some of these weird looking folk....I was just unsure how many there would be this time ...or just when they might show!


In years past -around Halloween- my house has been , literally, overrun with some very unsavory characters ~ to say the least!

I've come to expect it...and I just try to co-exist with them for a few days; that seems the best way to go!


Knowing all this, I was not at all surprised last night to see this strange couple appear on the edge of my kitchen counter-along with that smiley ghost.
































I remembered them from last year and they DO seem harmless-if a bit strange; really quite friendly looking, though, with those goofy smiles!

The ghost seemed on good terms with the couple-and he didn't seem offended to pose in front of that sink full of dirty dishes; a point in his favor, in my book!

This couple - and the ghost -gave me an even more radiant smile when I pointed my camera at them! :)

Later in the evening some other characters began to congregate along the counter edge...until it was full up...standing room only, I'd say!

I managed to get some shots of the newcomers... (after all-it is MY HOUSE, you guys!!) although I was reluctant to venture too close.























I have read the life stories of each of these dudes-and their stories are NOT what one would consider a 'Happy Fairy Tale' type story...so it seems prudent to use caution when dealing with them, don't you agree?

They didn't seem too thrilled with my picture taking...nary a smile to be seen! And you should have heard the noise they were making...Seemed like they had been rehearsing those eerie sounds all year- just for me...and just to scare me to pieces, I suspect!

( Oh, but they underestimate Junie Rose...I've been doing this for many a year!! Once I even had Freddy Kruger to deal with...)

Speaking of those scary sounds...maybe- just maybe...I can get a video of them in action! That would be cool!! Am I brave enough to try that??

In the corner across the room is where the 3 witches met!

Well, to be honest- these ladies are not in the least scary to me...especially that pretty blond one in the middle! She seems to use her beauty for attention... You know the type that is so obviously aware of her own attractiveness that it can't be missed by anyone...
( but -how do I know?...she may have some powerful magical abilities... maybe I'm being catty here!! :))
All I know for sure is... she seems to have a calming influence over the other 2 old crones- rendering them all quite harmless, in my opinion!

...On the other hand-perhaps it's the absence of their cats that have, seemingly, stripped them of their full magical powers this time! They all DO have their brooms, I noticed- but no cauldron boiling ...with all the vile things that I've heard can be found in them!

I'm just as happy to have them just stand silently there -without any magic spells being cast- the time they are here!

(...and let Blondie make eyes at Frank or the others if she so wishes...)




When I awoke this morning I really wasn't much surprised to see that the goofy pumpkin couple had moved to my front entrance shelf! This seems a better place for ones so happy-and as you can see they really are friendly and harmless- just a little odd!







On our way out to shop Charles and I paused a moment to get photographs with the current scare crow guy! He's just one in a long line of his family who have come around to spend time on our hay bales each Halloween! Last year his cousin was here. ..or maybe his brother! Definitely there was a strong family resemblance between all of the guys we've met here on our Hay!





Oh my! It just occurred to me that the word could be getting around that I am a really flirty old lady...as I DO always want to cozily pose with these guys...each and every one!

My goodness! I hope they know it's all in the fun spirit of Halloween!




Junie Rose

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I love it when you're silly, Junie! That grinning couple looked absolutely HUGE in the pictures, until you stood next to them! I was imagining them six feet tall, and wondering how they could stand on your counter! :D I hope Charles isn't jealous of all the other guys you've been spending time with lately! :)

And Happy Halloween!!

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger Skye said...

P.S. Would love a video of your visitors making their various sounds!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Donna said...

AHHHH!! Look at all of your little friends!!! I Love it Miz Junie! Happy Halloween!!hughugs

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You certainly get into the spirit.

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Junie you have to realize that as we age we naturally get flirty. so don't worry about what people think because it beats getting mean and bitter!

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

hahaha-Mary- that relieves my mind...because...I have to say... it wasn't JUST those scare crows I was worried about!! :)


Junie (just being silly!)

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

AC,

:) Yep- I try to do everything with 'Spirit!'

Junie

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Donna and Skye,


Thanks, girls!

:) I just like to have fun-you know that by now!!

I appreciate your visits sooo much!


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home