Junie's Place: Shadow Shot Sunday-Nov 29, 2009

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday-Nov 29, 2009

~~~




( Go here for other Shadow Shots! )

~~~
My new header is a picture of a little Christmas basket my mom made for me many years ago for one of my Christmas gifts! I've kept it all these years and still put it out each year when I decorate.

While making this header and putting it on I was remembering a basket I made of Mom's last roses...and thought it might work for my shadow shot!




Mom’s Last Roses


These are Mom’s last roses.
I kept a little part
of all the roses given,
from every grieving heart.

I handled them so gently
and dried them - as you see.
I found the perfect basket-
arranged them carefully.

I found the sweetest ribbon,
and made this fancy bow-
attaching it, expertly!
It had to be - just so!

It had to turn out special,
and easily convey…
how much I do still love her
and miss her every day!

These are Mom’s last roses.
They’ll always be a part
of all my memories of her
and the sorrow in my heart.


June Kellum
Sept. 2005


Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 11:52 PM , Blogger Sylvia K said...

Lovely post, shadows and words, Junie. A lovely way to remember your mother.

Have a good day!

Sylvia

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

faded rose bouquet
basket with white satin bow—
now I remember…

My Shadow Shot

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger Sally said...

You have a wonderful way with words, Junie; just beautiful. ((hugs))

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks -ALL- for your comments!



Junie

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Patti said...

Nice shadow shot of those lovely dried roses that are filled with memories.

That's a beautiful poem ~ I have trouble writing poetry.

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thank you Patti.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I just love this poem Junie.... ~Joy

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Your header is beautiful, dear Junie, and I love the story behind it. I also love how you have kept your mom's last roses in that basket, it's such a wonderful idea. Your poem is also very touching. xoxo

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy

and

Pea,

Thank you both. I'm happy you enjoy my poems.


Hugs))


Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home