Junie's Place: Our Anniversary ~2010~ ( #49 )

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Anniversary ~2010~ ( #49 )

~~~

I spent the afternoon at the hospital with Charles.
I took his gifts and also picked up these roses for him! I had never seen any like these before so picked them over the usual solid colors available!



Our daughter Tina was there, too, as she's been almost all the time!

It's been a great help to us, having her here and able and wanting to help us out.

I am not supposed to do any night driving so I'm not able to stay late.

Our granddaughter, Alli, came up from Orlando and will be here until Thursday!

We had a very special surprise from the hospital staff- an anniversary dinner was given to Charles and me; a steak and shrimp dinner and yummy desserts!

Everything was just perfect and we both enjoyed it . :0 I was the only one who didn't know about this. (Tina and C. did)

lol- I guess 49 years IS impressive and deserves something special!
Charles says for our 50th. he may 'break a leg!' ;)

Oh-and BTW-they DID determine there was a rib broken after all. (hair-line fracture, I guess)

Charles said to me - late yesterday when he found out- "Well, I sure am glad to know that, because I was beginning to think I was 'faking' the pain!' " ;)

Charles has responded well to the hospital treatments-and maybe-just maybe- will get to come home tomorrow!

These pictures are not great- but- hey- they're our anniversary pictures so they are
in!
































Thanks to all for thinking of us and for all your good wishes and prayers for a quick recovery!

I will try to catch up with each of you soon.


Love,
Junie



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:47 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Oh, how sweet of them to make a special dinner for you!! Definitely above and beyond their job description! I'm glad to hear Charles is on the mend and I certainly hope he will be able to come home tomorrow. Lots of love to you both!

 
At 10:23 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Let's hope for a better fiftieth and that the only broken legs will be the showbiz type.

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What a wonderful surprise Junie....that dinner was just what you both needed...and deserved. You guys look great...Charles looks really good. I'm glad to see he's doing well. That hairline rib fracture will mend just fine; but maybe this will teach him not to overdo all the time. Give him a hug from me....take care sweetie...and Happy 49th Junie. Hugs, Joy

P.S. Oh how I love those roses...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home