Junie's Place: Midweek Blues_Sept 7, 2010_A Patch of Blue

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Midweek Blues_Sept 7, 2010_A Patch of Blue

~~~


Find more Midweek Blues posts *here!*

~~~
~ a little patch of blue ~
~
This is a cluster of Plumbago blooms, surrounded by the greenery of the invasive-but frilly and pretty-Cypress vine.

(Click on pic to enlarge)
~


~end of my Midweek Blues post but more on my Cypress Vine and other flowers  
 below!~

The Cypress Vine, although very pretty with it's star shaped small red flowers and frilly foliage, is hard to control.
(impossible-more like it!)
It looks beautiful growing in an area of it's on- a fence or trellis- but I don't like it taking over my other flowers-especially my roses..:(.. but it does!

I got mine started from seeds brought back from Alabama, as I had never seen it growing here...lol  I later discovered it growing all around in our little world.

It grows wild here in our area, comes up every year and tends to 'take over,' as my pictures will show!

(there is a rose bush hidden under that vine-and a Plumbago, too)


...It's a sweet little flower, though, and I wouldn't want to NOT have it around at all so I accept the bad with the good. It attracts butterflies and hummingbirds so that's a big plus for me!

My mom loved the Cypress flowers,too, and when I got some going in our yard she reminisced about knowing them from her own childhood...and how her mother always called them 'little stars!' :) It brought back happy memories for my mom-and made happy memories for me...so- THEY STAY-lol 
(not that I could ever get them to leave anyway!!)
  ~
~More flowers around our place this September~

McCartney rose




Four O'clock 
Hibiscus (2)



Water Lily






Enjoy the flowers!


Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:37 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

I think I'd move everything that is under it and let it grow. The little red flowers are lovely!
I like the blue Plumbago. I've never heard of it.

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

I bever heard of the cypress vine but I will consider myself warned! I have some of the plumbago too.

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Gemma Wiseman said...

That little plumbago flower is a glorious blue! I have never heard of it either! It looks a little like a mini hydrangea!

 
At 1:27 PM , Blogger EG CameraGirl said...

The plumbago is the most beautiful shade of blue!

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Dianne said...

the perfect shade of blue in all that green!!
and I really like the water lily

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Even the smallest patch of blue makes a big impression!

My Mid-Week Blues Post

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home