Junie's Place: Sad 8th anniversary

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sad 8th anniversary

 Remembering Mom on this sad 8th anniversary

~1909~2003~



( my Mom blog )


~~~

The Log House 

(posted Jan 2006)


...in my young years we lived in several different houses - in Alabama and later in Florida.(I remember living in 7 different houses, in Alabama, alone, in my early years)
This is one I remember well, as it was kind of scary place with woods all around. I remember being with Mom at the spring where she washed our clothes. We were always aware of the possibility of snakes around that place. Snakes were one of Mom's greatest fears.
She told of an encounter with a rattle snake, when my brother was a young boy!(he's 13 years older than me) Between the two of them they managed to kill it! Thankfully, I never had any close calls with snakes!

~~~~~~


The Log House…


Nights in the log house were scary,
with lights that were extinguished with a puff of Mama’s breath
-not a switch on the wall.

After our prayers were said,
in which we went through the list of all our loved ones to be blessed
and kept safe through the night,
Mama would then look under each bed,
making sure no SNAKES had found a way into our house!

…Just an extra measure, of Mama’s-to keep us safe! :)


Remembering Mama…
on
Jan.2004


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger Donna said...

I miss my Mom too....
(((((HUG)))))

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Sally said...

Me too.

Bless you, Junie.

((hugs))

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Thinking of you on this day Junie...with lots of love. I think of my mom often...

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm a day late, but I hope you enjoyed your memories yesterday.

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Thank God we have our precious memories to hold on tight to! The log house sounds like our little cottage we had when I was a little girl. There was no electricity, we only had a kerosene lantern that dad would extinguish at bedtime and it would be pitch black since we were in the middle of the woods. Snakes were also a hazard and finding one in the outhouse one time scared the bejesus outta me! lol Sending you big hugs. xoxo

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all of you, for visiting

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home