Junie's Place: Midweek Blues~ Jan 20, 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Midweek Blues~ Jan 20, 2011

UPDATE at end of this post


***




***

This is a Black Potato Art bowl  given to my daughter, Tammy, from her sister, Tina, as a Christmas gift!
I had never heard of this Art.
  ( and, indeed, just recently became familiar with black potatoes)
~ a bit on this potato ~
~~~
http://www.foodsubs.com/Potatoes.html
purple potato = purple Peruvian potato = blue potato = black potato  Notes:   These purple-fleshed potatoes have a medium starch content, so they're good all-purpose potatoes.

~~~ 
(back to the bowl)
This was the most unusual art object I had seen in awhile.... or maybe ever! The color is much more intense than the pictures show. It's a deep purplish-blue.  It appears to be very fragile and will only be used to 'look at!'

Here is my daughter, Tammy, showing off her unique gift from her sister!




I tried to find info on this but was not successful.
  :(
Does anyone have any info on this art form to share?



Junie


UPDATE  on the bowl:
Talked to my daughter after posting the above and she gave me this website that was in the package with her bowl!
 
http://margaretdorfman.com/margaret-dorfman-galleries/index.htm


Also a FB friend found the very same Website and put it on FB!  :)
This is fascinating art  to see and read about!

Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Never Heard of this Junie!!! Kind of pretty....
Hughugs

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

I think they are really neat!! Check out that website!

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Sally said...

How interesting. I guess we never get too old to learn new things. Your Tammy is so pretty, Junie. :)

 
At 6:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi June, I think the potato bowl is very interesting, I had never seen anything like it, you never know what you might find if you only get out and look, which i don't very often.lol Carrie

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Well look at that, I'd never heard of this kind of art either! The bowl is gorgeous, though, so unusual. See, one can learn something new every day:-) xoxo

 
At 2:50 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

You guys sure share some interesting gifts! I never heard of black potato.

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger kayerj said...

how interesting. Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home