Junie's Place: Not a good weekend!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Not a good weekend!

~~


Charles and I are having one of the worst spells we've had in a long, LONG  time!

We've both been sick for  several days-different things-equal misery, I'd say!

My malady is a cold or flu type thing that has developed into a full blown attack on my whole body. I've coughed until I'm sore, through and through...I've gone through a lot of tissues and cough meds...drank a lot of tea and honey, too! All to no avail...

Charles is suffering from a different set of afflictions that  include the GI Tract... He went 2 days without eating-except what liquids he could tolerate and keep down...

Soooo... (more)

Last night when I went to secure the back sliding door before bedtime....the dang lock broke! There was nothing my poor C. could do at that late hour...  and we have no kind of backup/double lock on that door...just the little flimsy, standard lock that sliding glass doors are equipped with! At best they are not the most secure locks...but ... I , at least, could talk myself into believing we were safe-if I could push that little slide thing into the right position!  Last night I couldn't do that-as the whole thing had broken apart! :(  Hated to tell Charles that news with him being sick...Of course, sick or not, he tried to fix it - but couldn't do a thing in solving our problem... He saw right away  that the whole thing would have to be replaced!!

Try  getting a restful sleep-knowing your house is open to any intruder who might take a notion to visit...

 (this always helps some)


Sleep I did, though, after taking my  Nyquil....that magic medicine that's  for  those multi-cold symptoms AND...
(best of all- for last night)
  helps you sleep! OK-I slept but not very restful... I remember some disturbing dreams- but only in bits and pieces...

We awoke this morning- safe in our house- but still sick.
(Some might say, 'Sick as a dog' ... or 2  sick dogs, in this case!)

By mid-day C. knew he'd have to get on over to Lowe's and find a replacement lock. He took the broken one to try and duplicate it to make the switch over easier...  He got it home and found it was too complicated a task for him...with him being worn out from his days of being so sick.
 
He did the only thing he could do...Yep ... had to call Ted- our  'do-it-all' rescuer of the 'Old Folks!'

Oh, my, C. hated to call Ted on a Sunday. Well, at least he had  got the lock set- so all Ted had to do was install it for us!

Ted and his wife came right over and within a few minutes Ted had the job done! Wow-a life saver...
(maybe I'm being overly dramatic....but not by much!)

OK-am feeling better- at least my anxiety is eased about sleeping in an open house.... though I am still coughing my head off-figuratively speaking... and C. is still not over his problems either...

(Sure hope Ted and Sandy don't get sick from helping us!)

Why is it things seem to usually happen on weekends...  and why do things keep piling on...one on top of the other?

Junie Rose



Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5:18 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

Ah Junie,
Sorry to here you and Charles are ill. Hope you are both back to feeling good real soon.
So glad you got your door lock fixed. It's a shame we have to feel so uncomfortable in our own homes sometimes.

 
At 5:41 PM , Blogger Sally said...

I'm so sorry ya'll are both sick; that's just not right. :(

Junie, that cough lingered with me until I thought I'd lose what mind I had left. Finally, went to the dr for an antibiotic and it was gone within two or three days.

And, the same blasted thing happened with my sliding door! If it's not one thing, it's another. I hope ya'll get well soon!!

 
At 9:25 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Lordy girl! I was sick Sat night as well...If that was a glass sliding door, you could have put a broom handle or some strong stick in the door track...Burgulars then can't slide open the door.
Get Well!!!!
hughugs

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think we're in the same boat health-wise. Cuppa sounds like your twin right now. I've got it milder but have some intestinal issues. All the best.

 
At 11:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like pure misery!! So sorry you've both been sick. I hope you are feeling well and chipper very soon.
:-)

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

You're right, these kind of things always seem to happen on the weekends! Glad Ted was able to come over and install the new lock. In this day and age you can never be too safe!!

I do hope you and Charles get to feeling better real soon. I was so sick with that cold/flu right after Christmas and it last a couple of weeks. Everyone you talk to seems to be sick with it. Thinking of you! xoxo

 
At 7:39 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Get well you two!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home