Junie's Place: Weekend Reflections...Winter Flowers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekend Reflections...Winter Flowers

~~

It's time to share our Weekend Reflections...

  
  
~~

Again, I will show you what's on my marble shelf in our entrance hall.


Red Camellias


When  winter comes and lingers on- making most things dead and brown in north Florida- that's when the Camellias start their show!  They  bring me joy to these gloomy days!

I picked these yesterday from the 3 red bushes we have out front. To get a feel of the size of these bushes/trees... if I were in this picture I'd not come more than half way up on this biggest one!
(well...but I am only 5 ft tall!-lol)
Anyway, they grow BIG and have a LOT of flowers....but  are only in bloom for a short time!







We also have a pale pink one  but it is always a little bit later  with it's blooms! (I mean, just a few days) Have a pure white one and a peachy color one in the back yard...new plants which only have had a few blooms  each the past year or so! The white one is blooming now, too, but I haven't cut any of those yet.


Junie


Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:38 PM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ah yes, it's all coming back. Your fab flower pics in the middle of my icy winter.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) To bring you good cheer, AC

 
At 8:58 AM , Anonymous momma/mary said...

What a wonderful reminder that even in winter life can be vibrant and comforting.

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh, so beautiful, Junie. I love them! You know, the one I got in 2006,is growing taller with loads of buds but not blooming well. I guess I'm doing something wrong. lol

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! (hugs)

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Oh,and your header is fantastic!! :)

 
At 10:53 AM , Blogger 'Tsuki said...

Your picture on this post are really sweet, but I do love the one you chosen for the title of your blog : it amazingly thought !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home