Junie's Place: My Favorite Valentine! (a repost)

Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Valentine! (a repost)

 ~~~

This is a new photo meme that sounds like a fun one!

(click here to find out more)

~

The challenge this week is 'Valentines!'

This is a new picture of my favorite Valentine.

The story is in the post below-with 4 more years added!

:)

Saturday, February 10, 2007


Ginga's Valentine




Sweet memories...

( Click to enlarge)


In 1986, from Jan 22 to Feb 11, We were visiting our daughter, son-in-law and our first 2 grandsons at Fort Ord, Ca.

They had moved out to Ca just a month before. Tina and the babies had lived with us
( or near us) most of the 3 years since the birth of Dan. (our first grandchild) I had taken care of the boys for my daughter to work.

Needless to say, it was tough on the old grandparents to have these 2 fine boys move away! ....And we didn't wait very long to visit them - our first of 2 visits to Ca. I was able to stay a few extra days and fly back later by myself!

My little 'grand boys' were just under one and three years. Brian learned to walk while I was there. (9-1/2 mo.) Dan would be 3 in March.

You can tell by this picture with the boys, that this was just where I wanted to be! I had found my calling in being a grandmother!...Dan gave me the name 'Ginga,' so that was who I  would be to the 3 'grands' that came after him, too! :) I loved that special name he gave me!

A few days after my sad but inevitable return home I got this Valentine from my sweet kids! Tina had made heart cookies for the boys and she asked Dan what she should write on them. Dan said, "write -I Love Ginga!" She did and mailed this very special Valentine to me! I spray varnished it and bought a little holder to hold it upright and put it in one of my doll cabinets! I have kept it there for 21 years!

Yes!
This is one of my most cherished Valentines!

Love,

Ginga

(aka-Junie Rose)



Junie

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:19 PM , Blogger Carletta said...

What a sweet story Junie!

 
At 3:58 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Carletta! Well- you know how special our 'grands' are- right? :)

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Junie, what a wonderful story for you to share with us. Being a grandparent is something so special, isn't it:-) Love that you kept that cookie and still have it after all those years. xoxo

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Pea!

Yes, being a grandmother has been the highlight of my life!

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Tara said...

What a sweet story. Love that you kept the cookie..to sweet. Thanks for linking up.

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Moments and Impressions said...

what a great valentine - I had no idea you could keep them varnished like that - gerat idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home