Junie's Place: Alli's New Smile

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alli's New Smile

~~
Look at this!!
(below)

Alli just sent me this picture of her new smile! Yes-she got her braces off today!
YIPPEE!!

She says it feels awesome!!
I think it LOOKS awesome, too!
(although you were always beautiful!)
Congrats, Alli!

I have admired Alli and  have been so proud of the way she's handled this braces  and oral surgery  ordeal - in her senior year of high school...when something like this would have been a big deal for a lot of 17-18 year old senior girls!

(One thing Alli is not lacking in is 'self confidence,'so she didn't let this overwhelm her)  

The problem was - the baby eye teeth on both sides had failed to come out at the proper time (around age 11, I think) and the permanent teeth grew above them but embedded in the gum  in a horizontal position. The baby teeth had to be taken out, with the hopes that the permanent teeth would then be able to come down. There was a chance these teeth wouldn't come down. If this happened, fake teeth would have to be put in those places. This required oral surgery of the gums around those embedded teeth- in order to get to them to start pulling them into the right position with wires and bands-etc. All of this was  a painful process for Alli...I think much more than the usual braces on the teeth-as a lot of pressure had to be used to get those teeth down.


Alli had the patience and faith that things would go well...and the will power and endurance to do exactly as she was instructed during this long process (more than 2 years) Never complaining or getting discouraged. Thankfully, the teeth DID start to come down into place!

Don't know if I'm explaining this in a way to be understood... LOL-I'm just very happy and excited for our girl right now!!


And here - after all these many long months/years - is the perfect smile of my granddaughter-Allison!! 

New Smile-2-10-11
4 days before removal of braces
Before the braces-etc-
in Nov 2008
On Graduation Day-
soon after the oral surgery had been done.

Proud of you, sweet girl!


Love,
Ginga
(happy,happy!)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 5:42 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Dear June ~~ Beautiful smile and congratulations to Alli. What a bad time she had and went through it all so well.
Thank you for your visit and I am glad you liked my girls towering over me - I am helping by shrinking.
And I love the purple flower too.
Take care dear June,Love, Merle.

 
At 7:58 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I still have a gap where an adult tooth never came and the baby one eventually had to go. Glad I never had to go through that though.

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Very beautiful! Alli went through an ordeal like a champ. :)

My daughter is 46, and still has a baby tooth. lol

 
At 11:39 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

You're right...senior year is a very hard time to deal with braces, oral surgery and the pain of it all; and you have to be a very strong and confident person to get through it. Alli definitely is. I'm so happy she's done...and look how beautiful she is. You're such a good Ginga... ~Joy xo

 
At 1:18 PM , Blogger Donna said...

She is just TOOO Pretty Miz Junie!!!
Happy weekend to you and Charles!
hughugs

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks to all for your comments. I guess Alli's problem with the teeth is not that unusual! It turned out well for her, thank goodness!

 
At 8:13 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I always thought she was gorgeous but she's even more gorgeous now with that beautiful smile:-) My mom always said one had to suffer to be beautiful! lol Alli did fantastically going through everything she had to go through to get that perfect smile...so very proud of her too!! xoxo

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Pea!

Alli has a great attitude and enthusiasm toward life! :) She's a special girl!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home