Junie's Place: Catch-up post and feeling sad...

Friday, April 08, 2011

Catch-up post and feeling sad...

~~~
Well, I tell you, it's lonely around this place these days...with my sweet Tiger gone.

 
  Lucy and Tiger had become good pals and little Lucy seems to miss him. I know animals feel similar emotions that we humans do, but I hope not as long and not as intense!

 Tiger and Lucy

~~~
These were in Feb 2011

Lucy
Tiger
General

...To make things worse for Lucy, General has taken to spending a lot of time at Chris and Joy's house...OK- My son's house is here on our place...This whole property is about 4-1/2 acres...Our house is at the front and theirs is on the back half.

I haven't seen General at all today, and while I don't mind for myself
(because Chris loves that cat)
I feel sorry for little Lucy.  I'm thinking I might get Lucy a new kitty sister if I can!

Life is sad!

~~~
Lately I have had overwhelming spells of sadness and  restlessness...and nights without much sleep...
Too many things happening of a worrisome nature...Just life doing it's thing...but sometimes it's hard- especially when things overlap as they have been doing for me recently. You barely get accustomed to one new upset or change  and you're faced with yet another! The  poor sleep I'm getting is probably the worst thing going right now for me...and I hope I can  improve on that.  Today I went shopping (a big grocery shop trip) and on the way home I almost dozed off driving. I actually crossed the center line...scared me a lot!!

~~~
OK-On a happier note:
 
Yesterday evening I suggested we go out for dinner and we asked Tina to go with us.



It was a happy couple hours spent with our girl. We went to Applebee's and we all enjoyed it a lot.


The food was excellent and not expensive.
(always a good thing these days)
This is what I had... a Cajun shrimp and pasta dish...and we also had this Spinach-Artichoke dip with chips! These are 2 of my favorite things!!









:)
If I could have a good meal like that every night, maybe I could keep smiling!


;)


Love,
Junie

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

aw, Junie Rose, i am so sorry for your loss -- i know they leave a big hole when they go and for your little Lucy to be alone is just too sad. I hope you can find her a friend -- lots of kitties out there that need homes so maybe the right one will come along. Could be even Tiger would send someone your way. Take care of yourself -- you definitely need to get more restful sleep!!!!

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Skye said...

So sorry you've been feeling sad lately, Junie! Sad and worrisome things do tend to come in clusters, don't they? If I could, I'd give you a big hug! Hang in there... I'm sure lots more happy times are ahead of you! :)

 
At 10:59 PM , Anonymous Carletta said...

I'm sorry for your loss Junie and hope your memories of Tiger help you to heal more each day.
I hope too that whatever is bothering you besides this loss that's keeping you sad and restless will right itself and you'll be back to your old self.
Be careful and take care.
Carletta

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Great cats -- all looking adequately fed. Will Lucy find a new friend? Stay tuned.

I think when we're older, some sleep more and some less. Cuppa is the former and I the latter. She was asleep when I went to bed the other night, asleep when I left in the morning, and back napping when I got home in the afternoon. She wishes she required less sleep, and I wish I could sleep better.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Sally said...

Junie Rose, I love you and wish there was something I could do to help you feel better. Sadness is so hard to deal with, and losing sleep doesn't help at all; in fact, it just worsens those feelings. So glad though that you had a good dinner, and that smile of yours could light up a room. :)

(((((HUGS)))))

 
At 9:30 AM , Anonymous momma/mary said...

I think aging is the root of the worries. Our families are growing up and getting on with their lives. Our mates are aging and a little fear grows that we might lose them or we might leave them behind. We are used to taking care of our kids, hubby,and homes. Now we find that our life is changing and we suddenly don't have some of those responsibility any more. You just have to value the time you do have with them and be happy that you have it. If you can accomplish this the worries will lessen and sleep will come.

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh, Junie, I'm so sorry to hear that Tiger is now gone:-( I think you're right and Lucy needs to get another little playmate! I'm sure having a kitten to take care of will also help you:-)

I'm going through a spell right now that I'm only getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep. Having a heck of a time falling asleep and then awake early. Too many worries and things going through the mind will do that to you.

I'm so glad you had such a lovely time going out to dinner with Tina. I've been to Applebee's a few times and I love it also. We don't have one here in town so can only go to one when I'm traveling.

Sending you big hugs. xoxo

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Ahhh, I'm sorry Junie...tough to loose a "family" member!
And I know there's SO much happening these days...Just give it to God babydoll! He can do Anything!
(((HUG)))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home