Junie's Place: Midweek Blues ~ "Quarter Horse"

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Midweek Blues ~ "Quarter Horse"

~~~




This is "Quarter Horse,"
of the current Horse Fever art project,
by artist Gene Hotaling.

This is one of the horses on display at Ocala's downtown square.






As my daughter and I approached this horse we noticed there were 3 policemen nearby.
Turns out....the real quarters, a part of the design of this horse, were disappearing...

I hardly believed and could NOT understand at all how someone could do such a thing! How could anyone deface a piece of art that so much thought and work had gone into and was on display there for the pleasure of all!!

...And this for a quarter - or even a few quarters...enough for a cup of coffee.. maybe?? Certainly one could not expect to pry loose and take enough for even a pack of cigarettes or a beer; without being seen  doing this!
(For those who would assume this was done by someone in dire need)


Sorry for the mini-rant but this just made me mad and sad and disappointed in humanity!


Junie

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM , Blogger Suburban Girl said...

Well, it is a creative idea to put quarters on a quarter horse! :) But if they are real quarters some will be mean enough to find a way to steal them. Sad. But it is beautiful.

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm with you, Junie, I will never understand how someone can deface art like that, just to get a few quarters:-( Some people just don't have a conscience I guess. It's like a wishing well, it galls me no end when I see someone trying to get the money out!!! Anyway, that's another gorgeous horse display, I'm so loving these. xoxo

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

I agree with you Junie....can't imagine why anyone would do that; but I'm sure that's what happened. Cool horse... ~Joy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home