Junie's Place: FACE BOOK POST-(about Mom's Christmas basket)

Thursday, December 22, 2011

FACE BOOK POST-(about Mom's Christmas basket)

Remembering my sweet mom....

This little crochet Christmas basket is one Mom made for me 40+ years ago for a Christmas gift! It's one thing I look for, first, every year when I do my Christmas decorating!


    • I love this because it still
      has the little plastic flowers
      that Mom arranged in it,
      all those years ago...
      and of course the crochet work 
      is special. It was at a time
      when Mom had very little $$ 
      for gifts 
      (after my dad had passed)
      but she always managed to get
      around with something 
      for everyone.
      ~~~
      Miss my mom very much.
      Love,
      Junie

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:17 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

It's beautiful Junie, and made with love!! That's so very special.

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Sweet tribute to your Mom, Junie!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
hughugs

 
At 2:17 PM , Blogger Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I came via Leah's post about lemons. and I like your idea:

June Kellum's I often put a half lemon in my garbage disposal to clean it and leave a fresh scent in my kitchen. is great. I will put in my rubbish bin to prevent flies.

I will try her idea for my garbabge bin.

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

40 years ago, when your mum was crocheting, my domestic science teacher was teaching me to crochet a clutch bag.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home