Junie's Place: Mellow Yellow Monday-May 28, 2012 ~"4 O'clocks"

Monday, May 28, 2012

Mellow Yellow Monday-May 28, 2012 ~"4 O'clocks"

~~~





~~~

This little flower is called,
  "Four O'Clocks."


They bloom late in the afternoon and early mornings and also will open their blooms on dark and cloudy days!

I've always loved having them growing in my yard. The flowers are pretty and very sweet smelling!
They also attract butterflies and humming birds.

Some people consider this plant a nuisance, because it's hard to get rid of, once it gets going...tends to spread and grow where ever it pleases! They have deep, tubular type roots that must be dug up if you want it gone. It will die down in winter and come back in spring!

I don't mind any of the negative aspects of this flower- because, to me, it's a sweet little flower to look at and to smell, and well worth having around!
(Besides that-it was a flower that my mom loved and I remember we had these all through the years when I was a kid.)


One other interesting thing about this flower is the endless variations you get in the colors and patterns in the blooms. (as my pictures show) When the pinks and yellows grow side by side you get a lot of mixed up little flowers!
  :)


















Love,
Junie Rose

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Is it a morning glory? Love it whatever it is!!
Happy Memorial Day!!
hughugs

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

No, not a Morning Glory.
I don't know what other flowers it's related to...grows on a gangly bush...
They have the sweetest smell- similar to a Honeysuckle.

 
At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Luna Miranda said...

i love the splattered pink on yellow petals--so pretty! nature is indeed out to please us...a flower that blooms on dark, cloudy days was created to cheer us up.:p

 
At 12:03 PM , Anonymous Liz said...

Lovely blooms! Have a fabulous week.

Liz @ MLC

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Chubskulit Rose said...

Thanks for sharing the name, I often wondered what they are called. Gorgeous!

My Yellow post, please come and see when you get a chance.

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger J.Rylie.C said...

Very pretty!

Please come and see my YELLOW, thanks!

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger lanie said...

nice post, dropping by MYM, Hope you could visit me here Wifey Online Diary

 
At 9:11 AM , Anonymous Leah H. said...

Beautiful flowers..

Visiting for MYM- hope you can stop by and join my giveaway..

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/05/feel-beautiful-and-young-with-eclosbeauty.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home