Junie's Place: Poem: Left in Limbo

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Poem: Left in Limbo

...a sad poem ...





Left In Limbo


I find myself in limbo, wondering what to do.
Just how do I proceed, now, in getting over you?

The place within my heart, that you alone did fill,
now seems cold- and so forlorn- so lost… and wanting, still!

You came into my life when I was in despair,
and awakened in me longings of which I was unaware.

Your being in my life was wonderful for me,
and so, I closed my eyes -my mind- to what could never be.

I seized the moments as they came, for all the joy I could.
I pushed aside the truths I knew - if never understood!

I’ve learned that life is full of tricks, a prankster, if you will…
sometimes entices us with dreams it never would fulfill.

…So here am I, left in the lurch, unsure of what to do.
Knowing only, I’m alone - alone - and missing you.


June Kellum

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger Peter said...

Another, "into each life some rain must fall" I like it though.

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Glad you like it, Peter.

It is a sad one- but LIFE is sometimes that way!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home