Junie's Place: Dark Side Of The Moon

Friday, February 17, 2006

Dark Side Of The Moon



(Music notes from Juniper's World)


4:28:00 PM EST
Feeling Happy




Dark Side of the Moon

Last night I got into 'Dark Side of the Moon ,' Pink Floyd.
I knew little of Pink Floyd through the years, apart from 'The Wall'
which my son had insisted on playing for me when he was a teen
and just getting into music! I remember he found 'The Wall' fascinating,
and so did I!

I just recently bought this cd for myself (DSOTM) and had played it just
once before last night , at a time when I was distracted and not
paying much attention to the lyrics. Last night I paid special attention
to the lyrics; in fact, played it through a second time! I found it to be an
extraordinary album/CD! The music is exciting, lyrics of a depressing nature,
but excellent just the same!

I have been told this album was written about Syd Barrett, the founder of
the band, Pink Floyd.

Barrett's story is sad but interesting.
He became mentally ill
(one must assume, in part, due to drug use) He, eventually, became unable to function,
and left the band , by mutual consent.


I found this website about the history of Syd Barrett

http://members.aol.com/pgrsel/barrett/bio.htm


J.


Photo # 1

Mom(June) and Chris when he was in college -UF, Gainesville ,Fl. (1979)


Photo # 2

Mom (June) and Chris - about 8 mo .(1960)

To this day, Chris remains one of my TOP music advisors! :) Thanks, Bip!

Mom

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:57 AM , Blogger Merle said...

June ~~ Lovely photos of you and your son. You are doing well with your photos. Congratulations.
Thanks so much for your comments.
Glad you enjoy the posts. I hope
Peter can sort out why they do not come out as I type them.
Have a nice weekend. Cheers.

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

Thanks for your visit and comments.

Pictures have always been a big thing with me, so I like using them with whatever I write here- if it fits . :)
...And it's very easy to do , after you go through it a time or two!

I know it's frustrating for you, to have your post not come out the way you think they will when you type them. Probably some little thing that your brother can help you figure out.

You have a good wek end too.

June

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

What an adorable little guy! I especially love the picture of you two all those years ago. I bet you have a wonderful connection with him and that he always thought you were a pretty cool mom.

 
At 10:14 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yes, have always had a good relationship with Chris and my two daughters, as well :) ...just wanted to use those pics of Chris because of the music connection! He's always liked to share his favorite music with me.


I'm very thankful for my family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home