Junie's Place: Poem: We Are All Adrift

Friday, February 17, 2006

Poem: We Are All Adrift


...a poem from my pondering life files...



We Are All Adrift

We are all adrift
on a sea of confusion.
Unknowing of which way to go.
Unsure of the difference
in truth and illusion.
Or when to go fast
or move slow!
Unsure who to trust,
with things we are feeling.
Not knowing how much
we should share!
Afraid to relinquish
the whole of our heart!
Yet, longing to have
someone care!
We must stay afloat
on this sea of confusion,
though some days
we flounder, at best!
Our spirit is sodden.
Our heart feels deflated.
Our soul is not
up to the quest!

June Kellum
2004

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:39 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

This is beautiful Junie...really wonderful. Thanks for your lovely comments on my last post. That's the beauty of poetry...noone is better or worse...it's all in the interpretation of the writer, the written word, and those who appreciate reading them.

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

I couldn't find the poem that was similar to yours (the theme of kids growing up) Can't imagine where I've stashed it! :)... It's not on my computer but I'm sure I have it in a notebook somewhere! Maybe I can find it.

It just amazed me that we had both writen about this subject! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home