Junie's Place: YES...cows... a broken tooth!!!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

YES...cows... a broken tooth!!!





Last night I got into quite an enjoyable music listen of 'Yes!" This Prog Rock group of the 70s is another 'New' music discovery for me- within the past several months! I played Re(Union) first and ended with "Close to the Edge!"

Lol- "Yes" is another group I completely missed, over the years,
while I was busy otherwise - being just a mom and then a grandmom!

It's so much fun getting into all this 'New' music now!! :)


Two bits of bad news today...

#1 Charles called me down to the pasture where our cows are, earlier this morning, telling me our young cow May, was ready to have her calf. This was her first baby and I was excited to see what it would be. I had decided to name it 'Love' if it was a girl...maybe 'Valentine'- if a bull!

I could see right away it wasn't an easy delivery for poor May. I was hoping to get a pic of the new-born calf but left after awhile-and C. had some errands to run, too. When he went back an hour or so later he found the cow still in trouble...he had to assist her and-in the end- the calf was born dead! :( These things are too sad for me!


#2
When I came home I decided to have a bowl of cereal, as I had not had anything for breakfast !
Broke a tooth!!
...Not that the cereal was to blame-tho, it did have fruit in it! I need a lot of dental work! Hope this tooth can be crowned...never mind the hundreds it will cost!! Have to save my teeth-whatever the cost!

: ) Maybe a bowl of Grits would have been a better choice!


Junie


Photos:


White blossoms of the Wild Plum Tree- an early sign of spring in our area

" Farmer June" with Janet R. and Misty eating from hay trailer

Our bull 'Bo' across the pasture

Close up of "May"...a bad and sad day for May but she'll be ok

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Junie,

At all costs...fix that tooth. We don't want anything hampering that beautiful smile. I'm long overdo at the dentist. I guess it's just not at the top of my priority list.

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Joy,

I have an appt. for next week!....I put off dental work too long! BECAUSE I have no insurance!

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Merle said...

June ~~ Sorry to hear of your
broken tooth and hope it is soon fixed. Also sorry to hear about
the loss of the calf. My daughter
and son in law have a dairy farm
and often have to assist in a birth.

 
At 10:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Merle,

I'll get the tooth fixed next week- Hope it CAN be fixed!

We just have a small herd of cows...(probably no more than 20) just for a little extra income and to give my husband something to do . It's just sad to lose a baby like that.

June

 
At 3:45 AM , Blogger Peter said...

A bad day June, good luck with the tooth.

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Peter,

Yah- was a kind of bad day yesterday- but that's the way it goes sometimes!

Hopefully, that tooth can be fixed!
Lol- guess I'm just at the age when everything begins to fall apart on me!...Have to just do patch jobs as we go along and keep going!

June

 
At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of the calf but maybe there was something wrong and losing it was best. As to the tooth yes by all means keep that appointment. I sit here with two crowns on the bottom to anchor a partial and six teeth of my own. A full upper plate completes my smile. I face losing the crowns one of these days and it will be downhill from here. The more teeth you can hang onto the better you will be later on. Here is hoping the next few weeks will be better.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks for stopping by, momma,

The calf looked big and healthy-my husband said!
It was her first baby so maybe that had something to do with it!

The little cow seemed ok today, not even mourning her loss , so that's good! Lol- I think of this side -while my husband thinks of at least $500.00 lost! We usually sell the calves at about 4-6- months.

Yah, I do want to have my teeth as long as I possibly can- so if it can be fixed-it Will be!

Thanks a lot for your comments!

June

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:)

Well, it can be misleading if you just look at the numbers! I post back replies to everyone who posts to me!

But, please do explore my blog! I just talk of whatever comes to mind! Hope you find it interesting!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home