Junie's Place: Poem: Today I'd Like To Ride

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Poem: Today I'd Like To Ride




...a little poem to Charles- my riding partner! :)






Today I’d Like To Ride


Today I’d like to ride,
into the cooling breeze.
What do you say, dear,
shall we take a spin?

If needed we can bundle,
into our caps and coats.
With helmets on,
we’ll let the fun begin!

We’ll let our moods determine
which way we end up going.
It matters little
where the roads may end.

With weather so enticing,
and gentle breezes blowing,
we’ll just embrace
what lies beyond the bend!

Late - we’ll seek the sunset,
to capture - if we can -
those perfect hues
that thrill me to the core.

And when the night is casting
deep shadows on the land-
we’ll head for home,
as all the times before.


June Kellum
2005

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Lovely June. You and Charles look GREAT!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks! ... but what about that sunset??

That was taken as we rode through the Ocala National Forest ! It was about a year ago.We had been to Orlando to visit our daughter!

Lol-I was having fun-just snapping away from my little perch, as we traveled at about 70 miles per hour! It was one of the most spectacular sunsets I have seen -as far as color! Of course, I LOVE sunsets over the water, probably more.

This poem made me think of that picture-so thought I'd use them together.

June

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger Merle said...

June ~~ A lovely post and poem.
You two look so happy, and that
sunset really caught my eye.
Thanks for your visit and words.
Peter is visiting me later in Feb
so I will get him to show me how to put photos on then. I know you
figured it out by his instructions
but I am Lazy. We often talk well into the small hours when he
visits, which I enjoy immensely.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Merle,
I love sunsets-and sunrises! :) well as you are probably beginning to see I am a picture nut about almost everythig!

Yes, Peter helped me with the pictures- but I STILL can not do the links thing! (No matter how I try to follow Peter's detailed instructions! :) I KNOW I can do it if someone SHOWS me exactly how to do it one time! SO- my best bet is my son-in-law- I hope - this week end!

I know you and your brother will enjoy your visit together! Do you live a long distance apart?

Yes, we enjoy the motorcycles a lot! I'm thankful we have this to enjoy-at our age! :)

June

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Peter said...

That sunset is truly beautiful June.

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Peter.
....and I had fun getting the photos too! Must have taken
a dozen as we drove home!
It was a grand ride and sunset!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home