Junie's Place: Poem: There's A Place I'm Searching For

Monday, January 30, 2006

Poem: There's A Place I'm Searching For

...Don't we all , sometimes, just want to hide away?


There’s a Place I’m Searching For


There’s a place I’m searching for,
to hide away, escape this cold.
A place where I may lose the pain,
that has engulfed my soul.

I’ll hide away within those walls.
A mighty fortress will not bend…
will drive away the pain and strife,
before it can descend.

Oh, peaceful rest, to soothe my heart.
And time to ponder what has been-
to lick my wounds- to get in touch
with ME… to start again.

To gather strength where all seemed lost.
Hold tight to what is left of me.
Protect my eyes from hurting rays,
‘til softer light I see.

I’ll linger there until the time
when I can face the world once more.
I’ll stay there, safe, until I’m healed,
and stronger than before.


June Kellum
2005

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:05 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

This is a beautiful poem June...I so enjoyed it.

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

There is a beautiful song that has on occasion lifted and help heal my spirit, it is entitled "In Christ Alone". One of the lines goes like this - 'In every victory, let it be said of me, that I find my help, my source of strength, in Christ alone.'

Some of my more productive writing times is when something is going on in my life that I can't control. I see pain in the poem, but I see strength and victory as well. ec

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Mreddie,

Yes, I guess that was written at a low point in my life.
It helps to remember those lines that you have quoted here!


( ' In every victory, let it be said of me, that I find my help, my source of strength, in Christ alone.' )


June

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks , Joy, for your nice comment - as always!


June

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Junie, thanks for visiting my blog yesterday and please come back anytime :)

I've read some of your poetry here today and you are VERY good! This one here does speak to me as well, as I have "hidden" from time to time to heal from losses, etc. Sometimes it's necessary. I love your Meadows Flowers too! And the pic is lovely. Did you take it?

You have a great blog and I will be back for more :)

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Carolyn,

I'm so glad you like my poems and pictures! Yes, all the pics I will post here will be mine!
Meadow flowers are favorites of mine! :) ) ...BUT so are sunrises and sunsets-hay fields-autumn leaves-Birds- etc-etc- :)
I love life and try to Capture it all with my camera! ( and -sometimes- with my words)
It's so funny-you can just walk out- thinking there's nothing around to take a picture of...but -look closer- you'll see something!!

Did you visit my other blog? Many pictures there but mostly old family pictures. The whole blog is devoted to my mom and my early life with my family!

I enjoy your blog site very much too- and your pictures!

I'll be sure to visit your site again-and hope you'll visit me here in Junie's Place often too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home