Junie's Place: Poem: Roadside Meadow Flowers

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Poem: Roadside Meadow Flowers


Roadside Meadow Flowers


Nothing fills me, so,
with joy that’s most complete,
than roadside, meadow flowers-
whose names I do not know.

(No pampered garden blossom
could ever be so sweet)
Their name’s of no importance…
just their golden glow!

Their beauty overwhelms...
so abundantly they’re sown.
Each golden face turned upward
to catch the warming rays.

There is no grander sight –
these eyes have ever known.
So, to the ‘Master Gardner,’
I give my love and praise!


June Kellum
2005

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

Before my retirement, my job took me over the same fairly wide area every day and I joyed in seeing and even searching for flowers, especially in spring with wildflowers anywhere! It was as though the wild ones were planted by God especially for me - and I enjoyed them approprately. ec

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Wildflowers have always been very special to me! I have a love for ALL flowers but there's just something about a field of wildflowers that thrills me, even more than the best tended gardens!

We have a little meadow on our property that is probably about a half acre which comes up with the pink and white Phlox every late spring!(pic in a previous post) I have insisted that we let it grow up-uncut- every winter and spring so the flowers will bloom!

:) It is there only for the flowers!

In fact- that is the first thing that I fell in love with, with this area-way back in the 70s.
...We moved from Miami almost 18 years ago!

This field of yellow flowers we saw on one of our motorcycle rides last summer of fall!

A beautiful world we have to enjoy! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home