Junie's Place: Back to Dan

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Back to Dan




Last night...
my music adventure, down that 'Long and Winding Road' brought me 'Full Circle' once more back to Dan Fogelberg!
I listened to 'Nether Lands' and Dan Fogelberg's Greatest Hits, and as always, was thrilled with DF!

I discovered Dan's music in the early 70s and I became an instant fan (#1 DanFan) I have seen him in concert nearly a dozen times over the years, and once my sister and I got back stage and got a pic with him! (not a good one but I treasure it! :) )

He is fighting cancer now...very sad.

Visit a Dan site below!


http://www.thelivinglegacy.net/News.html


I finished off the music session with 'A Hard Day's Night', Beatles!

Couldn't be better!!


Junie

~~~~~~

Photos:

After the concert in Atlanta, Ga, 2003...ME with my new DAN T-shirt and Cup


Dan in 1984, Miami, Fl.


Dan and ME! Miami, Fl. 1977

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:21 PM , Blogger Skye said...

I like Dan Fogelberg too, Junie! I've had his Greatest Hits album on cassette since 1990. You were lucky to see him in concert!! I didn't know he has cancer now... that's too bad.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Skye said...

P.S. Are you going to post the pic of you and your sister with him?!?! :)

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Skye!!

YAY! Another Dan Fan!

Well, for some reason the one of Dan and me is not transporting- but I will try and scan it again! Maybe I can get it to work! :) It was waaay back in 1977!

Yes! Very sad about Dan. Check out that site I listed!
There's a personal letter from him, about his progress in his illness!

 
At 5:46 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

How cool is that Junie? Nice pic of you and Dan. I love the one of you, your cup, and your T-shirt!

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) thanks, Joy!

Yah, I wish that pic was better! Lousy camera!! But what a thrill that was, getting backstage!

Haha- what a thing for a mom of teenagers to be doing,eh?

The one of me and the cup was the last time we saw him in concert!

He cancelled his last tour because of his illness ...We woulld have seen him again!...

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Skye said...

Yay! Great pictures - thanks for posting them!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home