Junie's Place: Poem: The Absence of Geese

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Poem: The Absence of Geese

Life on the farm is kinda laid back-as John Denver sang!


The Absence of Geese


The absence of geese
improves the landscape
not at all, as far as I can see!

Sold- to rid us of the aggravation -
the care and feeding - to set us free.

Well, it didn’t happen!
(Or is it only me?)

The pasture now seems sad, forlorn, so empty,
with the profound absence of familiar
barnyard sounds!

Yet, with, traces still of, feathers floating ‘round.

They’re picked up, randomly,
by gusts of winter wind!
They flutter, briefly, silently,
then once again they settle on the ground.

June Kellum
2005

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:13 PM , Blogger Merle said...

Hi June ~~ Blogger is a funny fella -
I am sure he has moods. Try again with
the goose story.
Glad you liked jokes. Hope to find better ones next time. Cheers, Merle

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Merle,

Well you know I'm not one to give up easily! :)

I'll try again- tho I have tried several times already.Blogger puts lines through part of the post-and even in previous posts! :(

Oh well!!

Yes, I always love reading your jokes that you post!


June

 
At 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home