Junie's Place: Today ( a weird kind of day )

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Today ( a weird kind of day )

I awoke at 7 , an hour before my usual getting -up time, this morning...eventho I was up very late. It was almost 2:00 AM before I found sleep last night!
We recently bought a new bedding set and , tho, it suits my husband fine- I hate it! The mattress is much too soft and I have the feeling of drowning or smothering in a pile of cotton from the moment I lie down to sleep! I awake hurting all over-totally unrested!

I can get a better nap, lying on the couch during the day than I ever do at night! Funny thing is- this was a very expensive bed set! So -what am I to do? I'm thinking of setting up my own bed in there-if I can make room for one...buying a mattress of my choice! I need rest!!! :(

I don't know what's going on with me...just normal changes, I guess. Anniversary and birthday around the corner and I have this feeling of time slipping away. All those years passed...and ... looking forward I have to know there are not that many years in our future for Charles and me- for us separately - or for us together!

Lol- The only good part of my birthday coming up is that I will be able to be on Medicare!
(Good!!-I have been without ANY health ins. for awhile now)

Today I find it hard to move myself along...mentally or physically!

A few years back I had this horrible attack of something finally given the name of Neuropathy. I was unable to do anything except sit for over 3 months. For that long time I was unable to sleep in my bed, had to sleep in a chair for all that time...The worst pain I have ever endured in my life. I have a bit of that feeling in my legs today. Have this heaviness... and it seems necessary to put extra effort into just making my legs work to move me from one spot to the next! But the searing pain and the electric shock feeling is not present-so- hopefully it is not the Neuropathy again!

(" If so- someone please, just shoot me!" < ------- , says Junie, half jokingly!! )


~~~~~~

The most enjoyable times I have these days-and nights- are my music listens. Last night I again played 'Moody Blues' a greatest hits collection - and ended the evening- Very late- with George Martin's-'In My Life! ' I got this one this past Christmas and have enjoyed it so very much!

The music - the highlight of my life at this time!

~~~~~~

I need to go shopping but will I make it?
Not sure!
...If not we will just have to fake it at dinner time -Lol- I always have cans of soup to open!

Sorry- but if I can't complain to my blog- who CAN I go to?

:)

Not to worry- Tomorrow is another day! :)

Junie

10 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

Junie, of course you can complain on your blog...to your blog buddies. I'm listening, and I commiserate with you. I have days where I don't get around very well either...slow and achy. I hate that feeling, but we all have things to work out, right? I hope tomorrow is better for you. I'll be thinking about you....(((((big hugs))))) -Joy

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

It's YOUR blog. That's the beauty of it. You are in charge of it.
I hope you find a way to get a good night's sleep. My hubby suffers from insomnia. I feel so badly for him. I am one of those people who falls asleep right away and sleeps without any trouble. Of course, I've dealt with a terrible voice disorder for nearly nine years.
So, we all have our burdens to carry, that is for sure.
Enjoy your music listening sessions, and get outside and enjoy nature. It always gives me a lift.
None of us has control over what tomorrow brings. That can be scary and depressing sometimes. But, we DO have control over what we do with each day that is given to us.
Take care and hang in there!!

 
At 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, the worries that pervade the night become much smaller and far away as the sun rises. Always be brave enough to write about your fears. Chances are there are many of us sharing the same ones and more than willing to give you a cyber hug.

This much I know, being without medical insurance would keep me from sleeping and have me pacing the floor most of the night. Remember that lots of us now look back on 62 as being a young and wise age. (I have eight years on you.)

Your fears of aging are normal. Your fears of losing yourself or your husband are normal. Just take a deep breath and find an inner strength that lets you just enjoy the moment you are in.

When you get the chance, sip a cup of coffee, look out the window and find three tiny things of beauty.

Be kind to yourself and do look into a bed that will be right for you. I have been blessed with a wonderful 2nd husband and cursed with his snoring which often keeps me awake. (I swear God has a terrible sense of humor).

I am afraid there are too many words in this comment and I do not want to be preachy so I will stop with a big cyberhug for you.

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks to all of you-Joy, Jamie Dawn and Maria,

It's very good to know that ppl care enough to put some words of comfort and encouragement together. I appreciate it.

....AS you all know, I am more often cheerful and upbeat in my writing. (tho my poems often may seem sad) Today was just a DOWN day, mostly due to not sleeping well, I imagine.

Charles and I will be celebrating our 45th. anniversary next week, so that alone is a lot to be thankful for! :)...and I will have my big 65th. birthday the following week! That, too, is good! :) We've had a long and mostly good life together and have raised 3 kids and 4 grandkids to be proud of-all good people!

My music - things of nature and my cups of coffee(especially that first one of the morning) all serve to soothe me...so I have what it takes to keep the depression away! :)


Thanks again for the kind words.

June

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger mreddie said...

What Maria said really made sense, especially the part about taking a sip of coffee and look out the window and find three tiny things of beauty. Just being able to see the creations of beauty God has made usually turns my day toward the good. Hope things are better soon. ec

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks,EC,

At the moment I'm playing some beautiful music-another of God's blessings!

I'm feeling better!

June

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Skye said...

Sorry you had a rough day, Junie. It's no fun when your couch seems like a better bed than your bed; I know that feeling! Glad you were able to grumble to your blog about it. And I'm glad you're doing better today!

As a side note, I believe you should be able to delete unwanted/extra comments from your blog. There should be little pictures of trash cans under each comment, and you can delete by clicking on the trash can.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks Skye,

...for the info about how to delete messages! Funny, I had never noticed that little trash can..but then, I had never needed to delete anything before either. Now I know!! :)

Yes, am feeling a lot better today...as for that soft, mushy bed - will just have to get used to it, I guess.

Going shopping now...Haven't been out anywhere for several days so it will do me good!

Hope you're having a good day.

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home