Junie's Place: Bits & Pieces

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bits & Pieces


...Just some random things today...


First off - I have not heard a word from my girls. They thought they would have internet access on the cruise ship, but we haven't heard a word! The cruise itinerary says they will be in Athens, Greece for 8 hours- (6-13-06) , then 3 more port stops before returning to Venice on the 18th.

I know they are having the time of their life! (This is my daughter, Tina and her daughter, Allison)

~~~

My other daughter, her husband and son, returned from their trip to NYC late Sunday! They had a good time and plan to come up this weekend with Pics to prove it!! :) Can't wait!!

...Speaking of NY PICS. I still haven't found the ones I was looking for! :( I wish I could be better orginized, but It's just not me!

...But on my search I come across pictures I haven't seen in awhile- and that can be fun!
This one from 1977 is my sister and me. She lived in Pennsylvania for about 12 years and came for several visits in the summers. Our kids were very close then and are- still to this day!

Anyway, this was the day after Charles had taken us to see Dan Fogelberg in concert in Miami.

My sis and I were both mothers of teen-agers but you wouldn't have guessed by the way we acted that night! Soon after being seated my sister left...Turns out she somehow got backstage and, in fact, was on the stage as the band performed- out of sight, of course! Lol! She did it for me, as I was the biggest DanFan. She wanted me to get to meet Dan! When the show was almost over she came back and grabbed me by the hand and led me through the maze of doors and dark hallways she had found! By then the show was over and we got into the backstage area where Dan and the band were celebrating their successful show! :)

:) We were only in Dan's presence about 5 minutes but long enough to get a few pics and talk with him a little!
(I posted my Dan picture before)

...That's me in the Dan T-shirt! :) ...the cute blonde-my sis!



~~~~~~

Our hurricane season is here and we got a little bit of a scare with the very first one! But, luckily, we are just getting some much needed rain from it!

oops!!! We're getting wind surges too- and my Red Bud tree just blew down...as I'm typing here! Part of the tree was damaged last year so I guess it was not strong enough to hold up! I LOVED that tree! So did the birds! :(

~~~~~

In 2004 I wrote this little poem:


The Storms Came

The storms came. The trees bent.
The wind raged long. The skies wept.
The power surged and then it went.
And only babies slept!
The windows shook, and some did break.
The shingles scattered. The roof did leak!
Our water-our food- in short supply,
and soon would start to reek!
Bathing scarce, for days on end.
No lights! No way to even read!
Food served cold- straight from the cans-
with hungry mouths to feed.
The storms came. Trees broke and bent!
The rain poured down! And no one slept!
The power went! The wind did howl!
And in the dark I wept!

June Kellum
Sept. 2004


Also a Storm story (for anyone interested) 'Hurricane Frances'- in 6 parts! (June Archives - Dates-6-11-'05 thru 6-13-'05)

HERE:

http://journals.aol.com/juniper5541/JunipersWorld/

(I had this Journal/Blog before coming here to Blogger)


JunieRose
AKA Juniper

6 Comments:

At 3:16 PM , Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm glad Alberto didn't pack too big a punch. The part of your poem about eating cold food out of cans does not sound tasty to me.

I enjoy looking through old photos. It jogs my memory about events I'd forgotten.

I hope Tina and Allison are having a ball! I'm sure they are. I will post about a cruise my hubby and I went on.
It was terrible, because I was so seasick. I'll post about it one of these days, along with photos. It made for a memorable experience!

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:32 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Yes,I am glad Alberta was as tame as it was! Hurricanes are NOT FUN! The being out of power is always hard to deal with....And this season, again, finds us without a generator!! :( Wish we had bought one but after the season is past Charles stops talking about getting one!
Oh, well! We'll get by!

Will be looking for your cruise pictures, JD.

Hope my girls aren't seasick!
I had been thinking of that. We Still haven't heard from them. Most likely they don't have the use of a computer, as they thought they would!

I WON'T worry! There's too many things out of my control!

(lol-BTW- This is my daughter who ate part of the pet turtle! )

Junie

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger Granny said...

Sounds like better weather news. Stay safe.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Jacqui said...

I'm sorry about your tree, it's sad when things like that happen. I do hope you keep safe this season..
Loved your poem.
hugs jacqui

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Jacqui,

Yah, I hated to lose the tree. I'll miss watching the Cardinals in it!

Have been having a lot of problems posting- especially doing comments on some sites! I think yours was one I have had trouble with!

Hope Blogger gets straightened out soon!!!

Junie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home