Junie's Place: English Leather

Thursday, July 27, 2006

English Leather



English Leather

For some reason, today I am thinking of English Leather…that fragrance my husband used to favor.

Every Christmas he would get a fresh bottle from me to add to the ones from years past until every spare inch of his bathroom space was taken up with almost identical bottles in various sizes! Some would be partially used –some remained unopened from one Christmas to the next! Some bottles would grow very old in waiting to be opened-and some never would be!

A little daily dab or two is all he used, unless we went out to something special! That didn’t happen often, not even in those early years and it happens less often now. Still-English Leather was his scent so it’s what he got! I have been known to pour this fragrance down the drain when it became years past it’s purchase date! :) This produced a fine, manly smell in the bathroom!

I’m sure there’re bottles of English Leather, still, in Charlie’s bathroom cabinet…though I haven’t had a whiff of it in a long time now! And I haven’t bought him a new bottle in several years.

Charlie says he has developed his own, distinctive scent, since moving to the farm, here, and doesn’t need his old cologne.
He hasn’t put a name to it! I get the essence of it when I do his laundry after a long, hot day of dealing with hay and cows! :) Perhaps it’s Ocala Leather!

…On occasion, (being the sentimental soul I am who holds on to everything,) I come across some of the gifts he gave me in those long past Christmases, too! Yes! I remember those times of the tiny baby doll PJs…always in baby blue! :)



Junie
July, 27,2006

6 Comments:

At 8:36 PM , Blogger Joy Des Jardins said...

This picture of you and Charles is so great Junie. Two beautiful young people in love...you guys really were a beautiful couple. I love seeing pics of you back then. English Leather...ah yes, I had a boyfriend who wore that cologne, and I just loved it. Brings back a lot of great memories.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Joy,

Thanks!...It's just so fun, looking at the old photos from the past and making them better! This was a polaroid pic and was very dark and had lots of spots on it!

...not sure of the date for this one- Probably in late 60s.

Junie

 
At 1:15 AM , Blogger mreddie said...

Had to chuckle at Charlie telling you he developed his own destinctive scent - or would that be de-stink-tive? ec

 
At 7:06 AM , Blogger Merle said...

Hello June ~~ Great photo of you two.
We had a men's after shave called
California Poppy. It was wonderful and brings back memories. Thanks for your comments. Did you get any jobs done?
Probably too hot there, and my excuse is it's too cold to do extra jobs here.
Take care, Merle.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

ec,

:)

( or would that be de-stink-tive? ec )

Very good name!!


Charles can be very funny!(in a crude way LOL)

I see you have a good sense of humor too!

Thanks for reading our little stories!

June

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Merle,

Thanks for reading and looking! I'm not sure exactly when that photo was made- late 60s I believe. I'm glad I can save and improve some of our old pictures.

No, I didn't get a lot done yesterday. The weather is awful so I don't even consider doing anything outside!

...I have a lot I need to accomplish inside the house (big cleaning jobs) as we are having company sometime soon!

Oh , well! This is another day-another CHANCE!

June

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home